Chapter 21:

Killian POV:

It's been almost four months since I scared Emma away. My therapist had been telling me I was making progress, which was good. She advised me that I needed to stop bottling up my anger, and doing some kind of regular physical activity would help. So I went to a local gym and started kick boxing. It helped me sleep better and get out my frustrations. When something upset me, I didn't get nearly as angry.

Today was quite the change of pace.

"Have you seen her yet?" She asked me all of a sudden.

"Once. We were both in a store, I saw her first, she when she saw me she looked terrified. She had her son with her, she took him and left. I didn't talk to her, I was too afraid to." I said.

"I think if you're ready, it's time to own up to what you did. It might help with some closure to let her know how you feel."

"She doesn't want to see me." I grumbled.

"Maybe, but you can try. Whether or not you do it is up to you."

For the rest of the day I pondered on that discussion. I paced my house, deep in thought. Around seven that night I made a decision.

I climbed in my car and took off for her house. I prepared myself for the possibility that she may have not moved here, because I knew where it was. Emma was cautious. But when I parked, her yellow bug was in the driveway. The house was lit up, looking friendly and inviting, but I knew I wouldn't receive that kind of treatment.

When I knocked on the door, there was a booming bark. I jumped back a little. I had no idea she'd gotten a dog. She opened the door and a massive animal stood next to her.

She looked radiant, her blonde hair was unruly from a long day. She carried an air of happiness, no doubt from having her son again. But when she saw me, the color in her face drained.

"Henry!" She called for her son. "Go to your room, take Frankie. Don't come out until I tell you."

"Is everything okay?" The boy asked from somewhere that I couldn't see.

"It's fine, I just need to have a talk with a friend." She scowled at me, reaching to a nearby table for a gun. Was she that afraid of me?

"What do you want?!" She demanded.

"I just want to talk, that's all." I held up my hands, something she didn't miss.

"I have nothing to say to you." She snapped.

"Then listen, for just a moment. Please, Emma. I won't ask anything of you again, listen to what I have to say, and I'll be out of your life for good." That was the last thing I wanted, but I would do anything to just have her hear me out.

She raised an eyebrow, indicating for me to talk.

"I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I just want you to know how sorry I am. I hate myself for hurting you, I was on the brink of turning myself in, but my brother told me to go to counseling. That's what I've been doing these past few months. She's helping me. I just want you to know that I'll never stop trying for you, I love you. You don't have to say anything, but I do ask that you think about what I said. Goodnight."

And with that, I left. I felt her eyes on me for a moment before she shut the door. It felt so cold coming from her, I didn't expect her to jump into my arms, but I hoped for some sort of reaction from her.

Emma POV:

What the hell did he think he would accomplish?

After he left, I watched him before I came to my senses and shut the door. Then I let go, letting my back slide down the door and collapsing in a heap of tears. He couldn't just come back around like that and say those things. The sad part is, I believed him. I have always had this thing where I know someone is lying, and he was not. I knew Killian, he told nothing but the truth tonight. But that didn't mean I was ready to let him back in.

"Mom? Can I come out now? I have to go to the bathroom." Henry called from his bedroom.

I made myself stand up and wipe the tears from my face. I had a son to take care of, I couldn't be falling apart in the middle of my living room.

"Yes, Henry." I answered him. I heard him walk to the bathroom while Frank came bounding into the living room, sniffing me from all angles and whining. He knew I wasn't okay, he was always sensing when something was off.

"It's okay, I'm okay." I assured him. He seemed satisfied and went off to eat some of his food.

The next few days I was so distracted by Killian. I wanted so badly to just erase what had happened so we could be happy again. But I couldn't, so I had to figure it out.

Finally, on the fourth day, I looked up Liam Jones. I found a phone number for him at his job as a carpenter, and called.

"Liam Jones." He answered.

"As in Killian's brother?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yes, who am I speaking with?" He cautiously asked.

"Emma Swan." I said. We had met before, but we hadn't talked in months.

"Emma?" He was clearly confused.

"Yes. I want to ask if you know who Killian is seeing for therapy."

"I don't, but I can find out. Emma, can we talk somewhere? I know you don't want to, but it's about Killian. I won't bring him and I won't tell him I'm meeting you." He said.

I thought for a moment. Then decided it would be okay. "Fine. Lunch today at Granny's."

"I'll see you at noon then." He said.