•Thirteen•

My dad is supposed to come home tomorrow.

All of a sudden, I get worried. He hasn't even made an effort to call me or even text me for the whole month.

Well...neither have I...

I'm sure he's fine..

Luke has been acting very distant lately.

When he's home, he's either up hiding in his room playing his guitar, or sits at the kitchen table and writes what I think are song lyrics.

I sigh as I flick through the channels on the tv when Luke walks into the house.

He closes the door and walks over to me, and sits down on the edge of the couch.

"My dads coming home tomorrow." I state after several minutes of silence.

Luke's head turns my way. "What?"

I nod.

"Oh." He sighs. "I don't want you to go." He whispers. "You don't have to go."

"Yes I do. I haven't seen him in a month."

Luke looks down and plays with his hands. "Oh."

"Luke?"

"Yes?" He looks up at me.

"Do you want me to stay?" I ask him.

He sighs and rests his head in his hands. "Maybe."

It looked like Luke wasn't even putting an effort in his appearance. His hair was all over his face, and for the past few days, he's had no effort in quiffing it.

"I wish I could stay...but my dad goes on business trips frequently so I'll be here."

He nods, and looks down.

"He didn't call me for the past month so he might not be coming...." I trail off.

"Okay" he says. "But I want you to stay."

"I know." I nod.

Silence.

"How are you and Michael?" He coughs. "Uh like are you still dating?"

I tilt my head to the side. "Yeah, why?" I question.

He shakes his head. "No-It's...it's nothing. Never mind forget I said something."

"Oh okay." I sigh and look over at Luke.

He gets up from the couch and stretches out his arms. "You should call your dad." He says and clumsily walks into the kitchen.

I nod to myself and pull out my cell phone.

On the last ring, when I'm about to hang up, I hear my dads voice. "Hello?"

"Dad?" I ask him.

"Oh goodness." He says. "I haven't heard from you sweetie! How are you are you alright? Is Liz and Luke treating you well? Do you get food? Do you have a boyfriend? Is Luke your boyfriend?-" I cut my dad off from his rambling.

"Yes...yes..yes...yes and no." I answer his questions.

"You have a boyfriend?" His voice is full of surprise and confusion.

"Yes dad."

"And Luke isn't your boyfriend?"

"No Luke is not my boyfriend."I say as I look over at the kitchen door, Luke leaning against it quietly, watching me.

"Awe that's too bad. He's not a bad looking kid.."

"I know dad. He's not. He's-something." I look at him and smile.