Chapter 5-

Garroth's POV

     I held Mikala close to me and she looked like her heart was going to burst. She kept crying. I soon moved some of her hair of her face. I stared into her beautiful green eyes and smiled sadly.

     "Mikala, please tell me what's going on?" I pleaded.

     "I...just...had...a...really...bad...nightmare." she cried. 

     "Shh, ok if you say so. Please stop crying, you being sad hurts me." I said quietly. She looked down and chuckled sadly.

     "Garroth, I'm sorry. I have a lot on my mind." she said. I made her look up.

     "It's fine Mikala, I still love you." I said. I leaned down and linked our lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck and i wrapped mine around her waist. I felt one of her tears of joy hit my face.

     "I'll love you forever Garroth. Know you'll never leave my heart no matter what happens." she said and her warm smile reappeared on her face.

Aphmau's POV

     I walked to our special little pond with Laurence. I stared in the water and sighed.

     "Is something wrong Aph?" Laurence said. I nodded.

     "It's my sister. I know what's happening to her, but i don't know how to stop it." I said.

     "Care to explain?" Laurence said. He sat on the picnic blanket and i snuggled up close to him.

     "Well Laurence, she's the daughter of the Shadow Lord while I'm the daughter of Irene. At one point in time a very long time ago the Shadow Lord wasn't so bad and Irene and him had two children. One, which is me, took on Irene's power and the other took on the Shadow Lord's. Since the essence of the Shadow Lord got corrupted, he's been trying to take over Mikala's mind so she can continue to do his evil bidding. If she gets taken over she becomes this Angel of Darkness." I explained.

    "Oh no, that means if she gets taken over she can control me and all the shadow creatures. She could cause me to turn on you Aphmau!" Laurence yelled.

    "What...?"I said. My sister could have my own boyfriend turn on me and I would be powerless against him because I love him!

    "Aphmau, I don't like it either." Laurence said. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed me on the cheek. We sat and stared into the water for a long time before we ate. I loved Laurence so much. He always seems to know what I need or want. I sat and quietly ate my chocolate covered strawberries. Soon we started back to town.

Mikala's POV (Play Song)

     I started to feel something clawing at my mind and I started to feel strange. I then screamed out in mental pain. I saw Garroth run down. I grabbed my head trying to fight my father. I let out another scream.

     "MIKALA!?" Garroth yelled. I fell to my knees and screamed.

     "Need...sister...get..." I managed to say before I let out another scream. Garroth took off and I sat there trying to fight my evil father. 

     "NOO!" I screamed. I ran to the mirror and my eyes were glowing red. Giant, black, feathery wings formed on my back and my skin turned very pale. My cat ears and tail turn pitch black and my hair as well. A long, flowing, super dark grey dress formed on me and some black flats. I felt all the sanity in me fade and I knew I had changed.

     "HA! HA! HA! Nobody Can Stop Me!" I yelled and ran out of the basement. I exited the house and spread my wings. I flew above the town and landed on the guard tower.

     "Ahh! What is that!?" I heard somebody scream which made smile. Every ones screams made me laugh.

     "You could say I'm the Angel Of Darkness." I laughed. I stood on the tower and smiled.

     "Oh no, we're too late!!" I heard Aphmau yell. I saw Laurence and smirked.

     "Hello my little Shadow Knight." I said quietly. I smiled at him.

     "I'm not yours you Shadow Princess." he yelled.

     "Tsk tsk tsk. Of course you're mine. ALL SHADOW CREATURES ARE MINE!" I yelled. My eyes flashed white and Laurence fell under my control. I burst out laughing evilly.

     "Mikala." I heard Garroth whisper. I felt like my heart was going to burst into a million pieces.

     "SHUT UP YOU MORTAL! THIS IS WHO MIKALA REALLY IS!" the evil me yelled. I watched as Laurence tried to attack Aphmau and Garroth's eyes flooding with tears. I shook my head and laughed.

     "Mikala, just so you know, even though you're corrupted on the outside. I still love you and I always will." Garroth yelled to me. I felt my ears and tail droop.

     "G-garroth." I said. I flew down to him and stared in his eyes. I felt a tear run down my cheek and I hugged him. I started to cry and I buried my head in his shoulder.

    "Garroth...I-i'm so sorry." I whimpered. He pulled me closer to him and hushed me.

    "Mikala, it's ok. You can't control it." Garroth said. I hugged him tight and I felt my wings start to leave. I watched Laurence shake his head right before he tried to strike Aphmau again who was on her knees. I felt my sanity coming back and I fainted.