Chapter 1

The smell of cigarettes is enough to make me gag. Living where I do, I don't get much air. I'm barely lucky if I'm able to breathe.

Where I work doesn't help much either.

The bar.

Wow, you would think that I worked somewhere better, like maybe a non-smoking joint?

Nope, this is the best that I could get. A friend of mine works here and they got me the job. I'm a bartender at a secret underground bar, Dal Riata. Shifts are from 9 pm to 5 am. The bar closes that late, or early. Depends on how you see it.

I'm surrounded by drunken people, loud music, puffs of smoke, and horny people trying to fuck each other, not to mention me being hit on.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when a glass slams down in front of me.

"Another!" He yells. He's been through a bad heartbreak and this is his 30th shot since he's gotten here. This is the stopping point. Normally, people would be passed out, wasted, or buzzed. But not him, he's just sitting there, just like when he first came in.

"Sorry dude, but this is your stopping point. I can't give more than 30." I tell him with a sympathetic look. "It's cool man, how much?" He asks and pulls out a wallet. "Depends on what happened," I tell him. "Ah, it's nothing. I just caught my girlfriend of nine years, in my bed, riding another man." He says. "Man, it's on the house," I tell him. I usually do this, if someone is downing shots like that, I ask what's wrong and base it off how rough it is, and then tell them the price.

"Nah, man. I drank 30 of them. I have to pay." He argues. "I said it's all right. I'll pay for it. Here, get a cab. You don't seem all that drunk, but you can never be sure." I tell him and hand him about 30 bucks. "I can't take this." He says and pulls out a smoke. I cringe a bit on the inside. Cigarettes. Who can even smoke one? Cancer stick. Why would you?

He sees me looking at the smoke. "Don't like them?" He asks. I just shake my head. "Bad place to work if you don't like them." He remarks and smirks. I roll my eyes. "Only job with good pay, and where I get to stay up at night. My favorite time of day." I tell him. He smiles and puts it out. I silently thank him.

"What time does your shift end?' He asks. I look at the clock and see that it's 3 am. "Two more hours. Why?" I ask. He shrugs. "I should be sober enough by them. Do'ya have aspirin and water or something?" He asks and I turn to the cupboard, pulling down the aspirin and getting a bottle of water from the fridge, setting them in front of him. He picks them up. "How do you get home?" What is he trying to do? "On foot." I simply tell him. "Let me walk you. A little protection from the evil streets. Although, it will probably be you walking me home. I live like, five minutes away." He says. I nod.

"I live about five minutes away too, The Crystal Diamond Apartment Complex," I tell him. "I live near there, like across the street." He tells me. I nod once again.

After that, the conversation ends because I need to tend to other peoples wishes for drinks. I guess I was a little slow for someone's liking. "Could you please hurry?" The random man asks, irritated. I nod and try to speed up my process of creating Snake Bite. He gets even more irritated. "Do you want me to come back there and help you?" He says. He is literally about to climb over the bar when the heartbroken man stands up. "Aye, let it the dude is trying his best." He says, placing a hand on the other man's chest.

The man scoffs. "What are you? His boyfriend?" He says sarcastically. "No, the dude has just been working hard this entire night. Let him be." He says and the dude just rolls his eyes. I finish the drink and give it to him, he gives me 10 bucks. 'Literally 10 dollars less than what the drink costs.' I say to myself and the heartbroken man gives me ten extra, from his own wallet. "God, I hate pricks." He says. I nod.

"What's your name?" I ask. I should know his name, other than just calling him 'heartbroken man'.

"Min Yoongi. You?" He asks.

"Park Jimin," I reply.

He nods.

After that, I'm bombarded with more people asking for drinks. I make them and look at the clock. 5 minutes. 5 minutes before I leave.

I see Yoongi take the aspirin and water. I can't believe he actually waited for me.

I finish cleaning up the bar, one minute before I have to clock out. The last group of people left at 4:56. I had started cleaning up at 4:50, Yoongi helping with putting the stools on the bar.

"You don't have to help, you know that right?" I tell him.

"And I didn't have to wait, but I did." He replies, giving a gummy smile.

I clocked out and we left. We made it out the door and out from the place the bar is hidden, going up the stairs.

We were walking for a little bit before he pulled out his wallet. "Here's for the taxi." He says and hands me $30. "And here's for the drinks. I'm giving it to you because you used your own money for what I drank." He says and hands me the $50 that it came out to be. "I thought you didn't know how much it was?" I say. "I was there for an extra two hours. I looked at the menu." He tells me and gives me the same gummy smile as before.

We walked another two minutes in silence. It was a warm night, thanks to it being summer. When we reached the middle of the street, he turned to me.

"So, Jimin. You have a phone?" He asks. I nod and take it out. "Let's exchange numbers, yeah?" He asks. I nod and hand him my phone. "Enter your number," I tell him and he takes out his phone, telling me to do the same. I take it and enter my number, exchanging it back. I named him Yoongi. I wasn't sure if he gave me a contact name, but yeah.

We said a final goodbye and went our separate ways. I enter my apartment and send Yoongi a small text, just saying that it was Jimin, he sent one back saying he was Yoongi.

Cute.