Chapter 8) New[er]¿

The week after the previous events, Aimee was looking forward to her first shift. Her first day. It wasn't the best. But, it was perfectly..perfectly fine.

Aimee was the first to arrive. As she walked up to the attraction, she took a deep breath. And took a cautious step. She had noticed from the outside, that not a lot had been added.
Not much of a difference.
She figured that the door had been locked, Since she had come a little early. First one to arrive. Aimee pushed the door, only for it to shift open as she walked inside. It was a little strange. Someone must've gotten here before her. But, who?

Aimee didn't mind the feeling. So, she continued towards the office, closing the door behind her. She wasn't going to see Mike until tonight. Aimee tried not to think about it much. But, there was nothing to stop her from doing so anyways. She turned the office handle, there was no one inside. Aimee placed her things down on the cold desk at the side of her.

It'd been a little cold at the time.

Aimee took a seat on the chair facing the desk, rubbing her hands together as she did. She heard a clicking sound. It made her uncomfortable, more than she already had been. Aimee shook the thought off and figured it was all in her head.
Just all in her head. Precaution.
The clicking continued as Aimee paid no mind to it whatsoever. As if it was never there.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Aimee really couldn't quite tell what it was. She didn't hesitate to get up. Seconds turned to minutes...Aimee stood up, not really knowing what to expect. She heard the slam of a door shut. All in her head, she figured. Eventually Aimee had to carefully open the exit door, hoping she wouldn't make any kind of noise. She turned her head to look down the hall.

Gracie.

Gracie noticed Aimee as she had carefully opened the door. She gave a somewhat friendly gesture and started heading towards the office. "Gracie, you're here early." Aimee smiled.
"Not as early as you. How long have you been here?" Gracie adjusted her small bag onto the chair, and took off her coat. "About 15 minutes." Aimee said
Her smile shrunk.

Gracie did the same. "Well, this place opens in about an hour or so, we'll have to wait until the others get here." Aimee nodded in response. Gracie cursed under her breath. Clearly not in the mood.

Both Aimee and Gracie heard the sound of a creaking door. Then again neither of them thought much of it.
•••

Meanwhile, Mike had no trouble at his house. He'd been feeling somewhat nervous. As a matter of fact, It was the night shift that he'd be taking soon. Maybe it wasn't much of a big deal. But, there were going to be much newer animatronics. Newer animatronics. In a new place. A new job.

None of that really mattered right now. Mike felt a small daze at he got up from his couch. A slight chill passed through him. He really couldn't do anything properly at the moment. His vision started to get a little blurry.

"Mike.." He heard a familiar voice.
"Mike!"

"What?" Mike responded to the voice.

"Oh nothing. Just got something to say." Faith spoke, as if she was really excited. "What is it?"

"Nothing much. So, what've you been up to..?" Mike sighed. "Listen Faith. I have no time for games."
"Who said I was playing?" Mike ignored Faith after that, as time slowly passed by. After awhile she had left; who knows where to. He didn't mind it though. It was nothing he hadn't seen before.
It was already 2:00 pm. Mike wondered what they'd been up to back at the Horror Attraction.

During the evening, the attraction had been darker than usual. Sound and light effects had been used. Aimee walked the halls leading groups of people, into different rooms. Aimee, who also controlled most of the animatronics had been having some trouble with it.

Aimee walked into a much larger room; twice as much bigger than the actual office she had been in before. Aimee couldn't quite control the animatronics. Which is why Jeremy was there to help. Jeremy made a quick adjustment to them. Including Springtrap. That didn't help much either. At some point, the animatronics were seen moving slow.

"This room is quite different from the opposing ones...It has a lot of....It is quite unique. As a matter of fact, anything can happen." Aimee said, attaching a headpiece.
Seconds after, you could hear the sort of click.

And a door slam. Just part of the attraction.

Thick footsteps were heard. The room went quiet. Not much could be seen from then on.

Screeeeeeech....

The entire room stood still, as if frozen. This including Aimee. She shook the thought off. Still going with the thought that all of this was only part of the attraction. Aimee still wasn't so sure.

"Well, that sure was quite a scare..." Aimee's voice echoed. "Let's continue towards the near end of the tour. The left side is the exit..." Footsteps walked towards the end of the hall, towards the exit door. Most guests seemed quite satisfied with what they had seen. Others felt, well a little bit shocked. In which Aimee really didn't know how to feel about. She did feel bad, though she didn't mean anything by it.
Last tour of the day...She thought to herself.

At around 11 at night, everyone was ready to home. This including Aimee. Gracie on the other hand, waited for Mike to arrive. After a while, everyone had left. Everyone but Gracie and Aimee. The tourists left the place not much different than it already had been.
"Aimee how was the tour..?" Gracie asked, inconveniently starting forth a new conversation. "I guess, you could say it went well." Aimee started. "The animatronics seemed to be acting..quite strange, everyone now and then." Aimee added.
"It's just that they're new and not well managed, it's not you're fault." Gracie started packing her things up, when they heard the slam of a door. They both immediately recognized it. Mike.

Mike walked the halls, in despair. Aimee started heading towards Mike as he did so. Aimee quickly hugged Mike. He did the same, but held on for just a little longer. Aimee gave him a quick peck on the cheek. She then started towards the exit, Aimee turned for the final time. She carefully mouthed, "Good Luck." And finally turned back.

"Now Mike, first things first..." Gracie sighed. "Yeah, yeah, I understand it's not like this is the first shift Gracie." "I've been here before." Mike thoughtfully¿ interrupted. Gracie shrugged, even though she had to agree with him. Gracie grabbed her bag and adjusted it, she gave Mike a farewell sort of gesture. Mike didn't think much of it. He proceeded towards the office.

Mike didn't have any clue about anything whatsoever.
It was at that moment, that Mike regretted getting help. Maybe it was the first shift all over again.

•••

Hey guys. I've been working for quite a while. And I love re-reading all your comments, saying how you love this book, and when are you gonna update? I just love it.
And the last book,"Trying To Survive," has about way more views than this one. What happened to my readers? 😢
Anyways, when this book hits 1k views, I've got a little something in store for you guys. That's about it. Cya ^

E