Chapter 16) Matches

Saturday 5:30 AM

The sun was yet to come out, although the sky had been a dim almost dark color; a dark shade of blue, slowly turning red, into a parade of colors. Although, it was already warm outside the moon was soon to fade away.

The car remained in front of the attraction, the car door was opened. And yes, a distant figure came out. They didn't seem to move, just stand there motionless.
And after a second, a split second, the person dashed towards the place. They ran, farther. They stopped in front of the attraction, again stood there lifeless. Looking around.
They lifted a hand and placed it into their right pocket, pulling something out and revealing a silver key.

Had they stolen it?

The person picked at the lock until it opened. They pushed the heavy metal door open, and closed it; locking it on the way inside. The person took a breath, and once again pulled an item, or two out of their pockets.
They held onto it, making sure it didn't slip out of their hands. The unknown person wiped beads of sweat out of their forehead, nervous. Scared.

Their hands shaking.

***

Aimee

Inside her small from average house, Aimee managed to get at least a bite of a granola bar before she had left. She didn't even take the weekends off. She didn't get a break from hell. No one did, everyone was going to work that day, even Gracie.

Besides Mike, who figured his whole life was hell anyways. He needed a break. He didn't mind it, he quite liked it.

Aimee opened her door, and stood on her front porch. "Another day, another hell that holds me." She sighed.

Aimee walked, and walked. Faster. The sun shined on the top of her dark brown hair, it was hot.
Aimee hadn't been lucky that day. She'd been wearing jeans and her long sleeve Uniform, and a tinted black sweater to go along with it. And her name tag as well; that read Aimee in italics.

***
Aimee continued walking, it was only a few more minutes until she would arrive.
She wouldn't expect another person being there, doing who knows what. Who was as old as herself, who didn't belong.

Inside the attraction the person, held up matches and a matchbox. A fire starter just in case. They walked quickly into the office. They started the match up, the flames ignited, the color so bright. It was irritating.

The red-orange and distant blue mixed well together, the color was almost blinding.

The figure heard a door hit against a wall. They panicked. Hearing footsteps nearby.

Aimee had an odd look of disgrace on her face. She looked disgusted. She smelled smoke, cigarettes. She was used to those smells in her neighborhood.

"Errr..is anybody out there?" She called out, with a slight stutter in speech. Aimee shrugged, and continued walking into the office where she was tempted to go. She couldn't trust her senses, so it went the other way around.

Her senses trusted her.

There she saw a figure dressed in relevantly dark clothing. He seemed familiar.
Aimee walked up close towards him, "Mike..? W-what are you doing here so early? Why are you here? It's Saturday." Aimee stated, still confused. She looked down at what appeared to be a box of matches and a lighter, held on to by the one and only, Mike Schmidt.
"Well, listen Aimee." She glared at Mike. "Long story short, I..don't know what the fu-hell I'm doing here."