Chapter 30) it was for the best

happy birthday QueenBiotomia 🎂🎉

>>

Gracie was not buried with her ring.

Gracie's funeral hadn't been happy. It was in reality, quite depressing.

Everyone that had known Gracie had arrived, and people gave a few words.
It was nice and lovely. At least most of it.

It wasn't a whole fancy setup, they had tried to keep it simple.

Everyone arrived, everyone she knew at the most. It wasn't a lot of people, but it also wasn't very little. So, we can say everyone arrived.

Except for Aimee.

She'd been running late, she had refused to let Mike pick her up. Mike figured that Aimee just wanted to deal with the process alone.

So, Mike had been left alone. He started conversations with literally every guest; probably to get rid of his anxiety, to ignore the current events. It was no help.
He never usually talked with anyone, but it was different today. He talked to anyone, and everyone.

He talked to Vincent.

"You didn't have to do it." Mike said as he sat on a cold metal chair. He crossed his arms, it was hard to tell whether he said this sadly or in frustration.

Vincent sighed, and rubbed his temples. As if he'd already been asked this question a million times already.

"Look, I was told to do it," He said. "By Gracie and Faith. It was not a choice, it was not a decision. It was a job, something that I had to do."

Vincent stated. It was as if he had practiced those lines over and over again already.

He seemed really disappointed. "Besides, it's not like it was a first." He continued. "I've done this multiple times, you should know."

Mike shook his head, he had no clue as to what he was shaking his head at. He took a moment to answer.

"You've killed people for no reason." Mike said.

"No. I only kill people for a reason."

"Well, remember that time when you killed Doll? What was the reason behind that?" Mike questioned, words just ran out of his mouth. He just had no clue what to expect.

"Oh," Vincent raised an eyebrow. "I don't remember killing her."

Mike looked at Vincent, again shaking his head for no purpose whatsoever.
"I kill people because it's become a habit, Mike."

>>

Running late to the funeral, Aimee had been speed walking, as if she was late to an important event.

It had been an important event, a funeral. Specifically Gracie's funeral.

Aimee tried to ignore the fact that she was on her way to a funeral, but she couldn't do that. She couldn't distract herself from something like that. It was pretty tragic actually.