Chapter 13) Illusion

Mike pondered the question about in his head.

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

I mean, after all he'd only seen one. Faith technically is a ghost. So, what could he say. Yes, was a possible answer.

"No." Aimee frowned, thinking she must've went insane. "I don't believe in ghosts."

But, then again there are other spirits out there; how is Mike to believe she is a ghost. Mike was only doubting himself.
Faith just happened to talk to Mike on that one day..

"Really?" Aimee tightened her lips. "Ha..I must be going insane." Aimee murmured to herself, unsure wether Mike could hear here her or not.

"But, Mike I actually did meet one." Aimee blurted out.

"You met a ghost?"

She nodded, "Her name is Faith." Aimee said. "I swear Mike, it's real. She's real." Mike unable to form words, was all of a sudden surprised once he heard the name, Faith. Surreal.

"Did you say Faith?" Mike asked, already knowing the answer.

"Umm..yeah. She m-mentioned you, Mike. Do you know anything about her?" Aimee then said, leaning on the back of the chair; Glad that she was able to get rid of the anxiety that'd been piling up inside her.

"Well. I do actually."

"You do? How long have you known her? Why did you tell me that you didn't believe in ghosts?" Aimee crossed her arms. "Probably, Maybe a year." Mike smiled, she could easily tell it was fake.

"So, you knew about a ghost; in this case- Faith and you've kept it a secret for about a year. What else did you keep from me?" Aimee was mad now, she was kind of surprised. And it wasn't the good type.

"I had too! You would think I was weird, now wouldn't you?" Aimee didn't answer back. Mike figured this would happen, but the thing was he hadn't planned for it.

He just couldn't bring himself to do it. "So, tell me more about this Faith." Aimee said curiously.

"Mm..well, she has a sister. Gracie." Mike stated.
"Wait, you mean tell me that Faith and Gracie are sisters. As in related?" Mike nodded in response.

"That must mean Gracie has been keeping this from me too..hasn't she.." Aimee said, with a feeling of bitterness inside her.
"No she hasn't. She doesn't know about it either- she doesn't know that Faith's spirit is still alive."

"And tell me, Mike..do you plan to ever tell her about all this?" Aimee asked unexpectedly, raising an eyebrow up at Mike.
"Well, not exactly."

"I figured?"

Aimee sighed, shaking her head.
"What did Faith even say to you?" Mike added.

"She said to look out for something. The problem is she didn't state what."

•••

At around 11:00 pm, Mike got ready for the night shift. Aimee wasn't sure whether or not she wanted to go.
After about a minute, of listing reasons why she shouldn't go, Mike ultimately had to beg her at the end. She didn't really mind going anyway.

Towards the beginning of the car drive, Mike couldn't really face the fact that Aimee had actually seen Faith. You could even say that Mike was jealous. He wasn't used to Faith talking to anyone but him, besides Vincent, but no one really liked him at all.

He hoped that Aimee didn't think much of it. Aimee didn't mind it at all though.
During the drive, Mike and Aimee didn't talk to each other. They were both preventing each other from doing so. They'd been focused on other things in their lives.
None of which were really as important as now.
The drive wasn't as short as it would usually be. Considering the traffic there had been. Aimee looked out the windows at the passing cars and trucks; making it seem like the car itself was moving backwards, like an illusion.

The pattern seemed to be ongoing. It slowly made Aimee drift to sleep. After that, all the surround sound got blocked out. All she could her was fading music playing lightly in the background.
She was in a calm state of mind..
Crackling sounds came from inside the attraction.
But, inside was a whole different story. Everything was already burned and had started to tan. Most of it was pitch black. She wanted to leave already. It was only the two of them left. At least that's what she figured.
"Mike?" Aimee stated, scared to death. She ran out, it was all too much. Maybe he can't survive, Aimee thought. "I can't just let her!" Mike's voice faded away.

"Honk, Honk" The sounds of the car woke Aimee up immediately. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. She wiped it off with her sleeve, once she felt that she was wide awake.
She turned her head, to look at Mike; who told her that they were already made it.
"So..are you okay?" Mike said awkwardly. "Yeah I'm fine. Totally fine."
•••
A/N hello friends. I updated once again.

Thoughts on Aimee's dream? Hmm? Sorry, I'm just so anxious. cx

i'll certainly c u guys next chapter!! :3

--MangledGirl