Chapter 29) Dramatic

Over at Mike's house, Mike was hesitate before letting Jeremy speak.

Jeremy began to give Mike answers to his questions; although he barely even knew the answers himself.

"Vincent killed Gracie."

"Why?"

"Gracie requested it."

"Why would she do it? "

"She didn't want to do it herself."

Mike wasn't crying. He was breathing unevenly, feeling flustered and stressed. It was horrible.

"Something about being closer to Faith." Jeremy murmured.

"Who told you this?"

"Vincent. Gracie apparently had wanted me to know." Jeremy laughed, it was a nervous laugh.

Jeremy stood awkwardly talking to Mike. As Mike listened, still in awe about all the information he was given.
"Vincent feels bad about it." Jeremy said. "He really does." He added.

"What a surprise." Mike was definitely scintillating.

"He didn't want to do it y'know." Jeremy sat down at the edge of the couch. "He said he needed to do it."

Jeremy was at the edge of his seat now.

Mike watched as Jeremy spoke, taking in every word. It was definitely the strangest moment ever.

"He was told to do it by Faith. He said she was quite demanding. Like,"

Jeremy scrambled to find words to finish his sentence,"Like, Faith had really wanted for Gracie to go with her, to the other world."

"And when did he have the time to tell you all this?" Mike scoffed.

"He came over to my house right after his meeting with Gracie." Jeremy stated. "I suppose."

"Wow," was all Mike could say.

"Then, he began to tell me everything. Everything."

Jeremy repeated.

"Interesting." Mike wasn't as sarcastic as it had really seemed.

Mike was finally tired of asking questions after questions.

He solved this problem with a question.

"So, how'd you--" Mike looked around, as if looking for something "--feel when you found out?"

Mike wasn't properly adjusted to the fact that a friend of his had been murdered. killed. stabbed.

Although he'd seen it all before.

"I didn't take it too good. I mean it hadn't went too well." Jeremy fake laughed again.

Mike hadn't much to work with, but he imagined it going somewhat like this--

"Why did you do it Vincent?"

"She told me. I'm sorry." Vincent said; hands in pockets, nervous.

"That's insane. That's just what---" Jeremy hesitated, "what Gracie would do.."

Jeremy cried, silently. Vincent felt just as bad. Just as worse.

She was alive, and you maybe could've left it that way. Jeremy probably thought at the time.

why?

Mike dazed out of his daydream.

"So," Mike began to say, "Where exactly is Gracie now?"

"I'm positive the police had found--" Jeremy was distraught. "..had found her body by now. Vincent didn't say anything other than running away from the scene."

"He hadn't seen exactly what happened. But, sooner or later he'd find out."

Mike hadn't been listening. He had checked out right after hearing what had happened to Gracie.

"Vincent also told me that he could talk to the spirit of Faith and things like that," He continued. "But, I already knew that. I think everybody knew."

Jeremy fidgeted a little, his face paled quite a bit. "What's wrong?" Mike questioned.

No answer. Mike was suspicious.

Mike could immediately tell that Jeremy knew something. "You know something." He shook his head.

"Okay, fine. Vincent, he told me other things." This sentence made Jeremy sound even more strange.

"Like?" Mike again began to feel rather impatient.
"He didn't want to murder the five kids back in 87'."
Mike was intrigued by that idea. "Go on."
"He was told to do it by Scott."
Mike was just shocked now.

"I don't know, Scott said he needed something to bring people to Freddy's. He wanted something new. He wanted something to spark the headlines of a newspaper and it did."

Mike gasped, but it was a more dramatic one.

"Scott told Vincent to kill 5 children. He didn't say where, he didn't say why. He didn't say who. Except for Faith."

his own daughter.

"I mean he must've really wanted attention if he wanted to kill his own daughter." Mike insisted.

"Well, he never really liked them anyways so." Mike said nothing to this.

--

"I gave you all the answers." Jeremy sighed, but it was a frustrated yet sort of glad sigh. "But, trust me. Gracie is happier. She's happy now. She's with Faith."

The two were relieved.

"yes." Mike whispered this, unsure whether Jeremy had heard.

"Gracie and Faith are happy now."

Jeremy said this sadly. His voice cracked, he could've easily broken into tears but he didn't.

It was nice to think that maybe Gracie was happy.