Chapter 9) It

Mike sat facing the desk. Constantly tapping his finger on it, as if nervous. Mike unsure of what to do, gripped the tablet. The clock proceeded to chime at 12:00. He started switching from camera, to camera in search of finding something, anything.
He turned the phones recording system on, wanting to hear what it would say.

"Hey-Hey! Glad you came back for another night! I promise it'll be a lot more interesting this time." Mike cringed.
"We found some great new relics over the weekend. And we're out tracking down a new lead, right now. So-uh lemme just update real quick, then you can get to work. So before the attraction opened, we had to make sure everything works, and nothing catches on fire!" Mike had mixed feeling toward it all.
"When the place opens, people will come in at the opposite end of the building, and work their way towards you, then past you and out the exit. You've officially become a part of the attraction. You'll be starring as...The security guard..!"

The first thing Mike heard were some footsteps. And animatronic whirring. He's heard those before. The constant thought of death appeared through his head. Scary scenes. Most of which didn't go along with what had been happening. Mike tried to throw the thoughts away, but it didn't work out whatsoever.
Red lights appeared, and the sounds of familiar bells came out of nowhere. He noticed a system restart menu..audio devices, camera system, ventilation. He restarted it all. And everything went dead silent. Besides, the clicking sound. Which Mike had found annoying.

No animatronics yet to be seen. He went back to check on the cameras, there appeared an animatronic actually very well known to Mike; face close up on the slightly dirty screen. This startled Mike, causing him to slightly panic. He took a breath and a broken down Balloon Boy appeared in front of him. It gave a sudden jump scare, then it disappeared. Mike couldn't help but jump.

The tablet slipped out of both his hands, landing face down on the floor. Mike restarted the camera system and stroked his hair back doing so. He picked it up, as broken corners fell out. He groaned realizing that the tablet screen broke.
"Damn it.." He murmured.
It hadn't been very useful to him anyway.

Mike fidgeted in his seat, sighing. He noticed a sudden movement coming from the glass window in front of his desk. He looked a little closer, it must've been the renewed Freddy. Mike didn't know how to feel about it. After all these months, Freddy hadn't stayed being Freddy. It had eventually disappeared. Mike barely moved, not because of what came next. But, because of knowing that this place is worse than anything. Ever.

After a while of rebooting all systems, the night finally came to an end. Mike seemed startled by the entire thing. For a moment there he started to feel happy. But, that feeling didn't last long. Mike felt that things needed a change, even if nothing seemed to happen. That was the problem.

He didn't hesitate to grab his things and leave. But, the thing was, everything seemed to go by so quickly. But, yet when you're in the moment it happens so slowly.

Mike sighed, knowing that this same cycle would be going on for weeks. And if he were to quit..not much would actually happen. Mike walked the halls, with not an actual care in the world.

The sound of a door unlocking.

Mike didn't seem to stop and see who it was. He continued walking. He was surprised to see Gracie earlier than before. "Oh, hey Mike..how was the shift?" She questioned, putting a hand in her pocket.

"Lovely just lovely."

"Glad you had fun." Gracie said with a slight smirk.

"Yeah, whatever." Mike continued walking.
Gracie stopped, turned and cleared her throat, "Anyways, Aimee wanted me to give you this." Gracie took her hand from the pocket, revealing a small notecard with words written on it.
Mike turned back around, facing Gracie.

"What is it?"

"It's clearly a notecard."

"Very funny. Your so much like Faith."

"Actually Faith is so much like me.."

Mike took the small sheet of paper. And uncrumpled it.
Gracie started. "Wait. Aimee said not to read it until you get home."

"How come?"

"I have my reasons. You have yours."

•••

Hello friends. This chapter may seem short. But, I have my reasons.. ^
Maybe another chapter..

Btw, happy early Easter! ^

A