Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

*****

I felt a painful pounding in my temple and I tried not to groan as I moved my head, my neck feeling stiff. What the hell happened?

"He's awake." The fact that I didn't recognise the voice made my eyes shoot open and I got up way too fast. The room spun a little and I groaned rubbing my temple gently while I blinked trying to see clearly through my dizzy haze.

"Sit down." I felt my breath catch at the voice. I looked up and saw the guy from the park. The guy from my outside my school. I froze as everything that happened came back to me. The gun... I shot that man... I shot someone.

I opened my mouth but not a sound left it. What was I doing here?

"Did he stutter?" I looked at a man across the room. He stood against a table with his arms crossed over his chest. One look at him and I knew he ran this entire thing – whatever the hell this was.

"No, I..." My eyes drew back to the man in front of me as his fingers moved and I watched them clench around his gun. I sat down slowly, my eyes never moving from the pistol.

"That man you shot last night: dead." The guy used his gun to motion to me. I looked down and cringed at the blood all over my jacket. I didn't mean to. I didn't want to kill him...

What if he had a family? Children? What if that was just him trying to provide and I took that all away? I cringed. I knew what it felt like to have your parents taken from you; I could not imagine doing that to someone else. What have I done?

"I didn't intend to –" I began.

"You killed someone." He cut me off, "Be it by accident or not, the cops won't care seeing those drugs on the street. You're going to be put away for a long time, boy." He said playing with his gun in his hand.

I wouldn't be in this if it wasn't for them. I wouldn't have killed someone if it wasn't for them. And now he was going to stand there and try to intimidate me with his gun?

"Given that there were no witnesses and it's my word against yours: I'll take my chances." I said confidently, pretending that the fact that if his hand just tilted up and his finger twitched I would be killed didn't bother me.

"Take your chances?" he chuckled.

"You think –" I looked back to the man who had been leaning against the desk; he was walking towards me, "this can't buy witnesses – and cops?"

I watched as he threw a roll of money on my lap. I swallowed clenching my teeth.

"Now shut your mouth and listen to my man Clyde, alright? Because I'm really not looking forward to having this couch look like your jacket, I just bought it." He said walking away from me.

"So here's the deal uh – your name is?" Clyde raised his brows at me.

I kept quiet. Like hell I was going to tell them who I was. I wanted nothing more to do with these people.

"Let me rephrase that: tell us your fucking name." My head moved back as his gun touched my forehead.

"Alex – Alexander." I muttered looking down as he moved his gun.

"Right, Alex. Here's the deal: you will be our dealer at your school, and in return, I'll keep these bullets out of your skull." He waved his gun.

"Skull?" I frowned.

"Your body." He rolled his eyes. I clenched my teeth.

"Dealer? Y-you mean sell – sell drugs?" I asked.