Chapter 15.

Chapter 15.

*****

"Oh my God, your eye –"

"It's fine." I cut Claire off as she looked at it. Up until now I had avoided my friends like I usually did but I guess they were becoming more persistent in finding me.

"Like hell it is," Jordan said, "Who the hell did this to you?"

"It doesn't matter. I said it's fine." I hissed shoving by them to walk into the building but Jordan grabbed my arm just above my elbow.

"Enough." He glared at me, "What the hell is going on, Alex? Who are you 'visiting'?"

"I don't owe you an answer to that, Jordan. You're like a brother to me but step off; I can take care of myself."

"Yes, your eye states that perfectly." Shiloh inserted.

"You're one to talk." I replied before I pulled my arm from Jordan's hand and walked into school.

I let out a sigh annoyed with myself and completely regretting what I said to him but I forced myself not to look back at them before I turned down the hallway and began walking towards the last lecture I had. I was being so childish...

I sat in the back of the room with my hood on and my headphones beneath it trying to avoid anyone that I knew might speak to me. I was sick of getting questions relating to my eye. I had spent every lecture like this, taking notes on the words I barely heard through my music as the professors spoke. I needed a break, and this was as much of one as I was going to get so even though I knew I would have a ton of work to go over when I got back to the house, I didn't really care.

The class finished and I grabbed my things and made my way outside. I found Clyde in his car and greeted him with a grunt as I climbed into the car.

"Well, someone's still grumpy from getting their eye all batched up. Soon you're going to look like another one of Sasha's stitched dolls." He said.

I let out a humourless laugh giving him a flat stare. He called Kiera over this morning to stitch my eye up before we left.

"On a serious note: try not to get yourself killed." He said.

"I had been doing really well with that until I met all of you." I muttered.

"Right." He chuckled.

I frowned letting out a sigh as I dropped the money into the cubbyhole.

"Can I get out?"

"Now? Why?"

He raised his brows glancing at me and outside the car.

"No, of this. Can I leave? I've made you a shit ton of money already."

"Sergio decides when you've made enough." He replied.

"Sergio doesn't even know what the hell he wants, probably hasn't ever had enough of anything in his mind."

"Say that to his face or around anyone besides me and I promise I'm not calling Kiera to fix your other eye and whatever else you need to be kept together." Clyde said as he stopped at the house. I attempted to get out but he grabbed my shoulder as he locked the car's doors. "Looking at you when I didn't know you, I would never have thought you could put up any type of a fight, I'm happy you can but you need to know when to keep your mouth shut, Alexander. What if Nigel decided to use his gun before that drive-by? Forget what type of threat we are to your family and friends, you're on the verge of getting yourself killed, how do you think they would feel about that?" he asked before he unlocked the car tossing the keys at me and walked out.