Chapter 14.

Chapter 14.

*****

I sat uncomfortably in the police station with Clyde leaning back beside me like this place was his living room.

"Steven!" Clyde greeted happily and my frown deepened as my eyes met one of the policeman that had 'arrested' Sergio and I. He saw me and laughed.

"Clyde, hello." He greeted, "– and you. Are you alright? Hope we didn't scare you too much."

Instead of replying, I pointed to Clyde who laughed, apparently Sergio has shared our fake arrest story with him and he found it amusing. "I need some information." He said.

Steven motioned for us to follow him and we followed him to what looked like his office. It wasn't filthy but it wasn't very tidy either. There were folders everywhere, even some stacks in the corner on the floor. The only tidy looking thing was his desk and the cabinet in the corner, but only because all the drawers were closed.

"I'm looking for a name." Clyde said as he took a seat while Steven did too. I followed their lead.

"Why?" Steven frowned. Clyde raised his brows and Steven sighed, "Whose?" he asked.

"The witness in the Richardson murder case, who was he?"

"Why? I refuse to get involved in another murder case of yours." Steven said pointedly.

"Steve, you know your name will never be mentioned. So, can you find the name?"

"You mean Dec..." Steven drifted narrowing his eyes.

"You know his name out of your head?" I asked.

"You don't forget the only witness in a case like the Richardson's very easily – or at all."

"What do you mean?" I asked edging closer to him.

"Well, the way they were killed was just so –"

"His name." Clyde cut him off.

"No, how did they die? How were they killed?" I never got any of the details.

"You wanted a name, Alex. You get that or you get how they died." I glared at Clyde and he raised his brows at me. I grit my teeth motioning forward and he looked at Steven, "What was his name?" I guess I could get him to tell me how they died once I found him.

"You better not be planning anything stupid, Clyde." Steven warned as he looked between us before he sighed, "It was a friend of theirs. Declan."

"Hatton?" Clyde asked, "Declan Hatton – are you serious?" Clyde asked shocked, Steven nodded.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking at him.

"Nothing." Clyde replied, "Are you sure it's him?" he asked.

"I can never forget, especially since both of your gangs are such big names in this town." Before he frowned. "You better tell me now if you are planning a gang war here, Clyde. I will not let that happen." He added.

"We are not. Thank you, Steve. We'll leave you to your work." Clyde shoved me towards the door.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"You do not want to mess with that man, just let it go." He said.

"Excuse me?" I looked at him.

"He's dangerous, very. Someone like you trying to threaten him is sure suicide for you." I gave a laugh as we reached his car. "I'm fucking serious, Alexander. You have a nice life going for you; you should just forgive what happened and move the fuck on." He said. I frowned.