Chapter 23.

Chapter 23.

*****

Somehow Sergio had gotten Kent to come back. I had no idea how since Kent was livid and very distressed when he left yesterday and Sergio and Clyde had not even come back yet. I was sure he was done, I would have been. But here we were in the kitchen since I was still too wary to walk back into the lounge and the kitchen was at the back of the house so no bullets were going to be flying into this room.

The windows had been replaced yesterday, as well as the door. Just the couches were left and the rug had been gotten rid of because of the blood stain.

Today was a public holiday so I had nowhere to go, which usually meant today would be another day of binge watching comedy series' while snacking on popcorn I found in Sergio's room, but there was no way I was walking into that lounge yet.

What type of gang leader was he storing popcorn in his room, anyway? Maybe he put it there for Clara. Ha. That would imply that he could care about something other than himself and his money (or 'business').

I could hear Ben and some other men talking in the hallway as they walked but that stopped when the front door sounded. I leaned back, my hands gripping the edge of the kitchen counter, so I could see straight through to the front door.

"Don't do that, you'll fall." I gave a nod but didn't listen to Kent.

"Clyde, you're back? Sergio!"

I smiled seeing the pair walk in but my brows rose as I watched Ben beam at the sight of Sergio like a lover who had been gone for a very long time. I frowned as Sergio just waved at Ben and everyone else before they began talking but he raised his hand, motioned to Clyde and walked right by everyone. Clyde waved at Kent and me.

Someone began to protest as they followed Sergio but he shook his head.

"I have work to do; Clyde will deal with whatever it is – Kent! What's for dinner?" Sergio walked into the kitchen leaving everyone behind confused. I turned my head as he grabbed my shoulder and pushed me so I was sitting straighter, but he kept his eyes on Kent.

"Dinner? We haven't even had lunch yet."

"We ate on our way here. Will you make..."

Sergio's conversation drowned out of my ears as I turned back to watching everyone else and saw Ben stare at Sergio like a puppy who just gotten his favourite toy taken from him while everyone else talked to Clyde about what happened while they were gone and some concerns they had. I honestly felt sorry for how whipped Ben was. What's worse is that Sergio seemed completely oblivious to it.

My eyes moved back to Sergio who was still talking to Kent about food. His olive skin seemed to have gotten a little darker, sunburn I presume. Where had they gone? I had no idea how he got sunburn anyway since he was always in his car or a building. I bit my lip feeling my heart quicken in anticipation as my head filled with thoughts about us before I scowled at myself as I forced the thoughts from my head and my eyes from Sergio.

No more. His body was addictive, or at least that's what it felt like. Right now I was wishing I had never ended our little arrangement but I knew I did the right thing – like the right thing even mattered with him just a few feet away.

Damn it, Alex, Get it together. His hot, but he's not that hot.

Yeah, right.

I got up and gave Kent and Sergio greetings before I jogged my way upstairs. I was looking for something to take my mind off him, or rather his body. I decided to take a shower; it seemed to have become my therapy. It was better than cigarettes.