Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

*****

I paced the holding cell as my sweaty hands tugged at my hair nervously. We got arrested. I got arrested; he's probably been here tons of times, heck it must feel like a fucking second home to him already.

"Oh my God, you have a criminal record." I muttered to myself as I paced faster, even though my legs felt stiff, I didn't know whether it was because of the run or because of how scared I currently was, "How the hell are you supposed to become an attorney with a criminal record?!" I hissed to myself as I clenched my hair in my fist. I was too stressed to care that I would be ripping my own hair out right now if I tugged at it any harder.

"You know, some people would consider you insane right now." Sergio sounded amused from where was lying casually on the bench across the room. His hands tucked under his head like he was in bed or on a beach.

This was fucking funny to him! How could he be amused by this?! We were in prison! I was in prison!

Fucking PRISON!

"It's his fault though." I whispered trying to convince myself, "It is. Everything is his fault, Alex. If you never went to the mall, if you never met him, if you never went out, if you never -" I let out panicked gasps as I leaned back against the bars and slid down onto the cold, concrete floor. If you never killed him... If they questioned us, I wasn't going to be able to hide it, but I would deserve whatever I got. I buried my face in my hands and let out a strangled sob. My life was over. It all ended here. "I'm so sorry..." It was barely a whisper.

"You're so fucking dramatic..." I heard a laugh from Sergio and then feet shuffling outside the cell? Cage? It felt like a cage... Well, I sure as hell deserved a cage.

"Mr García, Mr Richardson, you're free to go." García? Oh, Sergio.

I felt hands grab my wrist pulling them from my face before I was tugged to my feet; from the roughness I knew it was Sergio.

"Thank you." He said as he shoved me out of the cell.

The ride home consisted of Sergio's old hip hop music blasting through the car while I sat drowning in my thoughts and worries, both of us silent.

When we reached the house we both walked into it before he spoke as he shut the door behind him locking it. I knew we were still the only people here because he had to unlock the door for us to come in.

"Is cereal fine?" he asked as he threw his jacket on the couch and kicked his shoes off.

I was starving, but it didn't matter. I shook my head heading for the hall.

"Come on, Alexander, I can hear your stomach -" he was saying.

"Can you please, PLEASE just leave me alone?" I cut him off as I turned to face him. He looked at me and gave a chuckle.

"Get over it, it's just minor -" he began.

"No it isn't!" I shouted, "It is not minor! You don't understand it because this is all you are! This is all you want to be, all you will ever be! This ruins everything for me! Everything I've worked for is gone! Everything I've done for them - I can't -!" I shouted before I grabbed a vase and threw it across the room. It smashed against the wall and a cloud of white smoke filled it air around it. Fuck, there had been drugs in there. At least I hadn't thrown anything dangerous, like a gun or grenade if they had those. I ran my hands over my face and through my hair before they covered my face again and I let out a shaky sigh. "I'm so sorry..." I whispered for the umpteenth time, not to him - to my parents.

I froze as his hands took my wrist and pulled my hands from my face slowly.

"I'm sorry, alright? Alexander, look," he spoke in a tone he never used before, it was soft... it was like he was actually sorry, he sounded so sincere and... comforting... "It's all okay. Calm down. The police that held us were friends of mine, we're cleared. I mean, don't you notice that we didn't even have to fill anything out or be bailed out? There is no criminal record." He said.