Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

*****

I walked into the bathroom to make sure I looked presentable, having already showered and dressed while Sergio was still lying in my bed.

"So..." I leaned against the door frame and crossed my arms as I looked at Sergio who was sprawled on my bed looking as sexy as ever with the blanket covering him waist down while he focused on his phone as he typed. He dropped his hand and I took to studying his tattoos as he sat up against my headboard and looked at me and smiled. He had a nice smile when he wasn't being sadistic. It almost made him look like a nice person, actually not 'almost', it did. I found myself wondering if there was a part of him that was nice, that hated what he did or regretted it least –

Please, Alex. Of course not. Yup.

"If we're going to keep doing this, we need rules." He said.

"Who said we're going to continue doing this?" I asked. He tilted his head.

"You don't want to?" His brows rose and I chuckled a little nervously looking at my door. I couldn't say yes... "Yeah, that's what I thought." I could hear the smirk in his voice and I was unsure of whether it annoyed or amused me.

"First rule: you have to shut up – always." He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously." He said getting out of the bed and this time I allowed myself to stare at him instead of trying to avoid it, he smirked back at me and I shrugged making him chuckle. "Alright, first rule: No one finds out." He said. I agreed as he got dressed.

"We both have to want it." I said, he nodded. "I'm not doing any weird stuff." I added. He didn't agree, he just smiled at me and I frowned.

"You stay out of my business, I stay out of yours." He gave me a pointed look.

"Agreed." I gave a nod. "Also, I'm not doing any weird stuff, Sergio." I added again.

"Uh-huh."

I frowned not liking the way he agreed. There was just something about it...

We both thought for a few seconds before he shook his head.

"I've got nothing." He shook his head finally, "We'll just make them up as we go along." He said.

"One more." I said.

"What?" He looked at me.

"This is completely physical." Something new for me to say, but I was very serious. "And we do no relationship-type things." I added.

"See, you understand me." He said dramatically. We laughed before his phone began ringing. His laughing ceased and I saw his smile drop into a straight line. At least he wasn't frowning anymore. He answered it as he walked out of my room.

"Clyde, you did it...? You're great... What? No, nothing changed... shut up, just check on Macen, I haven't had any feedback from him yet..."

I smiled deciding to get back to my schoolwork.

-----

I had finished most of my work and was now staring at the TV watching re-runs of Modern Family. It was weird, the last time I remember watching this much TV was just after my parents were killed when I went through a state of immense depression for a few months and even then, I wasn't watching anything, I was just staring at the pictures moving, my mind blank.

"Hey." I gave a nod to acknowledge Clyde but didn't look at him as he sat on a couch not far from the one I was on. "It must suck to be you."

I looked at him and saw him smiling at the TV. I frowned at his making fun of my situation. Idiot.