Chapter 18.

Chapter 18.

*****

"Um, no. Shiloh –"

"Don't you dare lie to me! What the –?" I grabbed Shiloh's arm and dragged him behind the beach house where there were only a few people smoking weed or making out.

"What the fuck are you up to?" He hissed pulling his arm from my hand.

"Nothing, just forget that." I said.

"Don't! Don't tell me to 'just forget that'. What's gotten into you?! Who the hell are you hanging out with? What the hell are you doing?!" He yelled, "You're fucking selling drugs!" His voice was an aggressive whisper.

"I'm not – I... Uh... Look, it was not drugs." I lied.

"Bullshit! Are you out of your fucking mind?!" Shiloh hissed. "Tell me the truth!"

"It is the truth." I said desperately.

"No, it isn't. Tell me the truth." Shiloh glared at me.

I swallowed as I looked around before I looked down as I ran my hands over my face. "It – it was drugs."

I looked up when he didn't answer and I saw him nod slowly, his face blank.

"Why would you -?" He shook his head, "Alex, how...?"

"Uh... I –"

"Don't lie to me." He cut me off.

I let out a sigh. "I can't tell you, it'll drag you into this." I said.

"Tell me or I tell Jordan and Claire about this too." He said.

"Tell them what?" I asked.

"You're a fucking drug dealer. Do you take that shit?"

"Of course not! Shiloh –"

"I thought I knew you. You're... wow." He shook his head, "I- I can't be around someone like you. What else are you hiding?" His voice was laced in disgust and I felt my heart clench. "Fuck, just stay away from us." He turned to leave.

"Wait – Shiloh." I said panicking. He was one of my best friends. He was family. I couldn't lose more family. "After I tell you this, you swear you'll never say another word about it."

"I won't." He replied. I stared at him, "I swear, Alex." He said.

I nodded and began telling him everything, leaving out certain parts about Sergio and I and what we did when no one was at the house. When I was done, Shiloh was staring at me blankly.

"Say something..." I said after he had been quietly staring at me for a few minutes before I quickly added, "To me, not the police." He chuckled and I cracked a relieved smile.

"You know I wouldn't really just leave without making you give me a proper explanation, right?" he smirked.

"You're a fucking asshole." I glared at him. He played me on the fact that he knew how much all of them meant to me.

"Last resort, Alex; you forced me. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered.

"Man, why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"There isn't anything you can do about it. I just have to... pay my dues?" I shrugged.

"Pay? You owe them nothing."

"What else can I do, Shiloh? I killed someone!" I hissed, "And they killed people. I would be stupid not to assume that they couldn't care less about anything but their own lives."