Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

*****

The loft was an apartment in the middle of the city. It had a great view from the top of the sixteen-story building and it was decorated really nicely. It didn't look like anyone actually lived in it, the couches looked brand new and there wasn't much wear to anything around the house. It was spotless though, so I assumed someone cleaned it regularly.

I stayed back as Sergio fell into conversation with his mother, Clyde and his brother. It was weird; it was like they were two different people now. They didn't seem aggressive, threatening or menacing at all. They just seemed like men visiting family.

I felt like I was intruding so I walked into the kitchen because that's where I heard frying coming from.

"Kent!" I greeted.

"Hey, Alex." I smirked at him as I leaned against the counter crossing my arms. "What?" he asked.

"You know what." I replied.

"Shut up about that." He hissed glancing towards the hallway wide-eyed. My smirk grew.

"Come on, Kent. She has to know that you want some in order for you to get some." I wiggled my brows.

"My God, Alexander, shut up!" He hissed shaking his head at me. "Make yourself useful and go set the table." I laughed.

"Kent!" Kent's grin grew as Mrs Marquez walked in and hugged him. I gave him a thumbs up and did some thrusting movements making his eyes widen as he rapidly waved me off causing me laugh more as I walked out while David joined them in the kitchen.

"What are you so happy about?" Sergio asked as I walked back into the lounge.

"I'm not." I said, "Kent said to set up the table...tell me where it is." He chuckled walking into a room beside the kitchen.

I followed him into the dining room. It was big, what's more is that it had a massive window on one side that overlooked most of the city. I spent a few seconds trying to spot Claire's house since I could see our school and she lived closest to it.

"Who chose this apartment for you?" I asked.

"I chose it myself." He replied. I gave him a flat look. "Kent." He rolled his eyes and I chuckled. "But – but I decorated it." He said.

"Sure you did." I said taking plates from the cupboard as he grabbed some glasses.

"Okay, Kiera and Sasha helped, but it was mostly me!" I laughed nodding as he chuckled.

"I believe you; I mean your room's pretty cool too." I said.

"I could give some pointers on your house; I've heard it looked like children lived there." He said. I was reminded that he sent people to break into my house.

"It's not -! Well, okay, but it looks good when Jordan's not drunk and home alone." I said. We laughed.

"You two having fun?" I stopped laughing as Sergio and I looked at Clyde who walked in holding a bowl, a smirk on his face.

"Alexander's just trying to explain his house."

"Oh, that place is bland, and a mess." Clyde frowned. "It almost makes it impossible to accept that you're gay." He joked.

I frowned as Sergio laughed before I shook my head smiling. "Sorry, I skipped the part where I was supposed to become interested in fashion, interior design, hair and being flamboyant." I said.