Chapter 35.

Chapter 35.

*****

"What's that?" I asked when I walked into the kitchen and found Jordan at the table reading a newspaper with a frown on his face, a fork in his hand. He had a plate of food right beside him.

I glanced at the counter beside the stove and smiled at the plate of food. Jordan didn't usually cook, neither did I, but he has proven to be way better at it than I am.

"A story about the shootout. They're labelling it as a robbery, the guy that got shot was just a really 'unlucky passing citizen'. It's complete bullshit, I drove by there on my way home, they were still cleaning up. You don't break into a textile factory and spill flour on your way out. How stupid do they think people are?" He said shoving the paper away from him. "Not to mention that that same factory gets burnt down a few weeks later, I bet the men that were moving – or stealing those drugs decided to take care of the rest of the evidence."

"Huh..." I didn't know that that was the factory that burnt down...

"Ma says we should move." he looked at me.

"Hasn't she always said that?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, add drug wars to it and I'm beginning to agree with her. Maybe we should move to a calmer part of the city?" Sergio lived that side and caused a drive by.

"It wouldn't make a difference." I muttered.

"What?"

"Gangs are everywhere." I shrugged.

"Gangs? Mmm..." Jordan looked back at the newspaper.

I pulled my phone from my pocket as it began ringing and froze as I read over the name.

Sergio.

Why would he call me? I ended everything, I spoke to Clyde about that yesterday as well. What did he want?

You.

I felt my lips tug up slightly but I shook the through from my mind. Sergio's the type of person that can't really care about anyone but his family. If he thinks he likes me it's because he wants to hook up. It's because he's stressed by all the gang dealings and needs a way to let steam off.

That's probably the reason I think I like him too. I'm just a little messed up, I'll forget about him now that I'm done with all of that.

"Who is it?"

"No one." I ignored the call and shoved my phone back where I had pulled it from.

"Sure." He smirked. I shook my head turning to grab the food and the glass of water beside it before I joined him at the table. "You can take it, I don't mind."

"Since when do you read the news?" I asked ignoring what he had said.

"Since it matters." He replied.

I sighed looking at the photo of the burnt factory.

"We need food." He pointed to the fridge.

"We do? Then how did you make this?" I asked as I ate.

"Magic. No, really: Magic. We literally have no food." I shook my head chuckling as I walked up to the fridge and opened it. Well, he was right.

"That explains the glasses of water." I said grabbing and empty justice box from the fridge. "Jordan." I frowned at him.

"What? I was in a hurry, I meant to throw it away when I got back... I forgot." he mumbled. "Whatever, you can't get mad at me for that when you FAKED a break in." he shot me a glare. "Yeah, I saw your laptop. What you did was on another level." he added.