ch.6

"I gotta run" Niall spoke up. 

"Don't you want dessert?" Gemma asked.

Niall's eyes met mine. He shook his head quickly.

"That's ok" he mumbled. He rushed out the door before I could think about standing up. I wanted to follow after him but Harry took my wrist.

"The kids are tired" he whispered.

I glanced at the clock. A few years ago, sleeping at 9 pm would have been unheard of but ever since me and Harry, Danny and Gem settled down with children, we've all had to adjust our schedules.

Darcy mumbled under hear breath. I looked down and saw that she was dozing off in Harry's arms. JD leaned his head against my chest while Des continued to play loudly with Sephora and Marco. But Des always grew louder and rowdier when he was tired. 

"We better head home, too" Harry told Danny.

I patted JD's shoulder and he reached his arms to me. I scooped him up and glanced at Des. Des grumbled under his breath and took my hand. Harry carried Darcy.

Harry and I tucked the kids in and waited by their beds until they fell asleep before we left to our own bed.

JD and Des shared a room with Darcy. We still lived in the same apartment. But, when our baby girl comes, we're getting a place closer to Danny, in the suburbs. Harry knew we wouldn't be able to live in this tiny apartment, especially not at the rate that we created children. 

JD had fallen fast asleep the moment I changed his clothes and tugged his blanket up to his neck. Des ran around the house at least once before Harry carried him back and forced him to stay in his bed. 

"I'm not tired" Des grumbled.

"Well it's time for bed" Harry retorted.

Des glared at him sternly.

"Don't roll your eyes at me" Harry warned an accusing finger at Des.

Des sighed.

"Harry" I whispered.

Harry took a deep breath.

"Go to sleep, Des" Harry mumbled softly. 

Des lay in his bed and stared at the wall. Harry patted Des' head softly. He walked to JD and kissed his cheek. Then he moved to Darcy to kiss her as well.

"Daddy" Darcy spoke up.

"Yes, baby"

"Baby" Des teased.

Darcy ignored him.

"Daddy can you read to me, again?" she asked softly.

Harry looked at the clock. He knew it was much past their bed time but it was Darcy, his baby angel, asking for her daddy to read to her. Of course he was going to say...

"Yes" Harry smiled.

Harry knelt beside Darcy's bed and picked up a book. He read a few chapters.

"Baby, how about you try reading this time" Harry whispered to Darcy. 

He held the storybook up for her but she shook her head.

"But I like it when you read to me, daddy" Darcy smiled sweetly.

Harry laughed.

"I know, baby, but you have to practice reading" he reminded her.

He was right. Darcy excelled in every other subject but reading and writing. And it did sort of wound my ego to see "C's" on her report cards in a subject that Harry and I both loved.