ch.24 Just like momma

"Baby" I whispered. I glanced down at the tiny puddle between my legs and up at the sky, praying God that he had caused such a diversion before Harry finished Niall off. 

Of the past half hour that I'd been screaming, neither Niall nor Harry had heard me, but my voice was so very gentle now that it caught Harry and Niall's attention. 

Harry dropped his gun and ran to me. Niall crawled against a nearby car, trying to retain his balance. 

I fell to my knees. I sat against the prickly stones on the asphalt, clutching my stomach, whispering reassurances to the baby. This was not how I wanted to have my baby. I didn't even want to have another one, but Harry was adamant. Harry was possessive. Harry was aggressive. Harry was Harry.

"Angie" Harry gasped. He knelt down just as the way he had when he proposed to me so many years ago.

I started crying softly, hiding my face against my belly bulge.

Without a word, Harry slid his arm around my waist and thigh and scooped me up bridal style.

"Baby, baby, baby" he kept muttering under his breath. He held me up closer and kissed my stomach, but I didn't want him to. I didn't want him to even hold me right now. He had nearly murdered Niall. Niall!

But maybe me hormones were talking and I was aiming all my anger and frustration at Harry.

"Angie, Angie, Angie" whispered, shaking his head as his voice cracked. I took slow, deep breaths, trying to maintain my sanity and conciousness, at least until we got to the hospital.

Niall jumped up, clutching his shoulder with his bloodied hand.

"Call" I whispered. 

Niall glanced at me.

"Call Danny. Watch kids" I told him.

He nodded. Harry's eyes met Niall's. For a second, it seemed a though Harry regretted hurting Niall. But just for a second. 

Niall and Danny and the rest of the boys knew that Harry had a temper and it turned into a demon's rage when it involved me or his children. I just wished he could take deep breaths now and then to help himself relax because he wasn't helping anyone when he went off on his rampages. 

Harry carefully lowered me into the car and he sped off. I turned and looked out the window to see Niall on his phone. His face turned even paler than when Harry had started strangling him.

"STOP THE CAR!" I screamed.

Harry slammed the brakes.

"Niall!?" I called screechily.

Niall ran to us reluctantly. He avoided our eyes for a moment.

"Niall, what's wrong?" I whispered.

He shook his head.

"NIALL!"

"Danny can't come" he mumbled.

I blinked."What?" What could possibly be more important than your little sister giving birth?

"Nonna had a heart attack"

Christ.

Tears rolled down my cheeks indiscriminantely. I couldn't even see the murky black streets. 

Harry wrapped his arm around me in a half-hug.

"Angie, she's gonna be ok. You're gonna be ok" he smiled weakly, rubbing my back for support. 

He knew this was it. This was it for Nonna. And God forbid this was it for me, too. I may have given birth to twin boys, but I didn't know if I could handle this little girl.