ch.71 Nes

I smiled as Danny held Gemma's face and kissed her, pressing his lips to hers as though he had forgotten what it felt like. Gemma wrapped her arms around his neck and tugged him lower against her, until their lips met more easily.

Marco shook his head and smiled brightly. I hadn't seen that smile of his in ages. Sephora hugged him randomly. He jerked back instinctively, then he looked up at her and smiled. 

Gemma turned to her kids and they rushed up to her. Marco ran first. He kissed her cheeks and wiped the tear that streamed from her eyes.

"You're so tall, Marky. When did you get so tall?" she whispered.

Marco laughed.

"I don't know, but I can't seem to stop," he smirked. His tiny dimples creased in his grin line. Sephora stepped forward, clearing her throat quietly as she patiently waited for her chance to say hello to her mother.

Gemma turned to Sephora and held her hand over her mouth, as though she didn't recognize her daughter.

"Gosh, you're blossoming Seph, like a daisy and it's all natural," Gemma shook her head. Sephoa laughed softly. Gemma smoothed Sephora's hair back to see her eyes more clearly. "Your beauty is so natural," Gemma gasped.

Sephora smiled shyly. "I get it from you." 

Gemma hugged Sephora tightly, then she let go and held her at arm's length.

"I'm so sorry I always pushed you to be so girly and prissy," Gemma apologized.

"Mom, it's ok--"

"I should have realized that you didn't like dressing up and wearing make-up and modeling and all that. I should have gone to your soccer games and just supported you. I should have just supported you," Gemma gasped breathlessly. It sounded like she had wanted to say this for years, but never mustered enough courage to actually do it.

"Mom, I love you," Sephora told her. Gemma smiled proudly.

I sat down a minute as my chest began to feel a sharp sting. I was so pleased to see that Danny and Gemma had gotten back together that it only made me and Harry's issue seem even more pressing.

Gemma turned to me. She walked to me and wound her arms around my waist. She had no idea that I was staying over, let alone what Harry had done, but she was going to find out on her own, in T- seven seconds.

"Angie, what happened to your wrists?" she gasped, pressing her fingers lightly to my bruises.

I laughed nervously. "I'm such a clutz."

Gemma narrowed her eyes at me. It had been easy to fool Danny for a few hours, but not Gemma. Gemma smelled BS from a mile away.

Danny patted Gemma's shoulder.

"Gem, Angie's kinda tired tonight. Why don't you guys talk in the morning?" Danny covered for me. He held onto Gemma's wrist, hoping she would agree-- and if she didn't, he'd just kiss her and make her forget there was something bothering me.

"The morning sounds good," I nodded. Gemma squinted at my bruises and then back at my eyes. Finally, she nodded and went to her and Danny's old room.

I moved to Sephora's room, my old room and slept there, leaving Gemma and Danny to catch up a bit.

Harry's POV

***

I glanced at the other side of the bed, reaching for Angie's soft, gentle body. Her hands always fit in the creases of mine. Her body always joined mine like a holy puzzle. I rubbed my eyes, realizing that her side of the bed was empty, of course.