ch.62 I wanna help

"J.D." I sighed. 

"I'll see you later, mom," he waved as he walked out. I ran to the window and saw Des dashing back inside. He jumped up the steps, two at a time, and ended up in his room in moments.

"Jesus," he gasped. Then he looked up at me and nearly tripped.

"M-mom. What are you doing in my room?" he asked, out of breath. He adjusted his belt and patted his chest to erase any signs of Candy.

"I-I was just...cleaning," I mumbled, patting the blanket on the bed. Des nodded. He was far too excited yet terrified by what Candy had just done to him to question me more.

"Oh," he nodded. 

"Honey, are you ok?" I asked slowly. I wasn't sure if Des would admit to what had happened with Candy, but I just wanted any reason to run down and chase that fake blonde whore down the street.

"Yeah," he squeaked. His voice cracked.

"Ok."

I walked out of the room and debated stealing Harry's guns from his bag. Harry noticed me eyeing his police bag and he smirked.

"Baby, if you want it kinky tonight, just tell me," he grinned. I shook my head and stepped as far away from him as possible. This wasn't the time to let Harry have his way.

Harry noticed my honest uneasiness and his smirk morphed into a stern grimace.

"What's wrong? Did J.D. apologize?" he raised a brow. I nodded.

"Yes, yes, but--" 

"Then what's wrong, Angie?" he asked, gently taking my hand in his.

"Christ."

"Angie--"

"Candy's cheating on J.D."

"Oh."

"Harry, I knew she was bad news, but I didn't think she would cheat. I just--"

"Angie, are you sure she cheated? I mean there are plenty of blonde girls in this town. Could've been Darcy or Gabby or Becky--"

"SHE KISSED DES!"

"Jesus," Harry gasped. 

"What the hell am I supposed to tell J.D? Guess what, not only does Candy not love you, she was trying to get at your brother, your twin brother!" 

Harry sat down on the bed and took a deep breath.

"I don't even know what to say," he admitted. My fists open and closed. I eyed Harry's guns.

"Just one shot, Harry. I have horrible aim. I won't even hit her--"

"Angela, are you insane? You can't shoot her," Harry gasped in disbelief. 

"Then what the hell do I do?!" I demanded. I finally knew how Harry felt about Darcy and her old boyfriends.

Harry scratched his head. A few of his hairs fell over his eyes.

"I'm an idiot," he sighed. 

"What? No you're not."

"Yes, I am," he insisted. "I'm the one that encouraged him to go further with her," Harry shook his head.

"Harry, it's not your fault she's a two-timing whore." Harry rubbed his jaw.

"I know, but still..." 

***

J.D. started seeing Candy less and less. But Des was out later and later. But I knew he wasn't with Candy because Des wasn't like that. Sure he liked the little blonde whore, but he wasn't the type to go behind his own twin brother's back. Plus, he came home sweaty most nights and I highly doubt he would be with Candy while he smelled like sweat...