ch.75 Piece to the puzzle

Darcy stared from the box to her stomach to Harry. She moved her hand from her stomach immediately.

"Dad, it's not mine," she shook her head immediately.

Harry squeezed the life out of the box.

"Then why are you clutching your stomach?" he hissed.

"Because I'm on my period and I have horrible cramps," she answered bluntly. She picked up the small trash bin beside the toilet. Harry looked down and saw a few tampon wrappers.

"Well if it's not yours, then..." Harry mumbled. Darcy set the trash bin down. They both looked over at me.

"It said positive?" I whispered, staring at the tester. I tried to remember the last time I got my period and it seemed like over a month ago. Darcy read the tester again and nodded casually. Then she turned to me immediately, piecing everything together.

"No," she gasped.

I stared at Harry.

"No, no, no. Mom you're like middle-aged. You can't have another baby. No. It's just. No. It can't--" Darcy shook her head. She took a few steps away from me and Harry, as though we were posionous.

"Honey, your mother and I are not old," Harry shook his head. Darcy stared at us.

"Is that what all the noise was in your room was? I kept trying to convince myself you guys were watching a really loud movie," Darcy mumbled. She avoided our eyes, embarrassed to think her parents still made love --or fucked. That role play was straight sex, not love making...But we made a baby, apparently.

I stared at the tester. "We made another baby, Harry," I whispered plainly. I wasn't excited or angry. 

"I still got it," Harry smiled proudly, patting his belt. Darcy mumbled loudly, trying to drown out me and Harry's voices.

"Well I'll be damned. I don't even know if I have the strength to hold another baby inside me," I sighed, rubbing my stomach gently.

"Angie, don't worry. We said if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, then that was our last chance. We agreed to try one more time," he reminded me, taking my hand in his.

"Well I didn't agree to Confederate Sex God role play from 50 Shades of Grey," I shook my head. I actually enjoyed the role play, but I was suddenly having mixed feelings about a new baby. Sure Farah was growing up and I wished she would stay little forever, but a new baby? At my age? Actually, I'm not "old," but I'm not young either.

Darcy choked on her spit. "Role play?" she gasped. "Dear God."

Harry stepped closer to me. Darcy turned away, closing her ears.

"Angie, come on, this is our last chance. Darcy's going to college. The twins are already itching to leave. And Farah is halfway there," he reasoned, squeezing my hand lightly in his. "We need one more piece to our puzzle."

I stared at Harry's eyes and he smiled faintly.

"Your eyes glow when you're holding my children," he whispered. I took a steady breath. "Please hold my last child," he asked of me.

"I'm already holding it," I smiled, rubbing my belly. Harry wound his arms around my waist and kissed me. He was right about our kids; they're close to living on their own. 

It... I didn't have a preference for either a boy or a girl since I already have an even number of both. Darcy turned around suddenly.

"It's gonna be a girl, right?" she asked expectantly.

"It's too early to tell," I shrugged. Harry held his hand over mine and rubbed my stomach.

"Well since you two lack the decency of not touching each other after you turned 30, I guess the only way you can make it up is if you have a girl," Darcy spoke matter-of-factly.