ch.8 I saved her

Harry was aiming to complete a few training courses offered by the Police Station in order to earn his badge and other essentials in becoming an officer. In the seven years that he has been at this station, the very station that he was once arrested at and contained in, he was given a second chance.

And although the other men initially gave him a hard time, he has earned their trust and friendship now. I'm just proud of how far he has come in clearing his name and working forward to redeem himself. 

And since he's off at a camp and not at the station today, I thought I'd pay Michael, my dad's old friend, a visit. Michael was Emily's father and therefore might be able to help me talk to her or at least try to understand why Emily kept toying with Niall's heart. 

Speaking of Niall, I haven't seen him around since that night at Danny and Gemma's house. He sort of disappeared from the radar and neither Zayn nor Tony have reached out to him, not beacuse they aren't friends anymore but because they were busy with their girls and their own futures. Becky is just as pregnant as me and no we did not plan it. Tony is out of his wits trying to stay calm but his so-called 'macho man' appearance is quickly fading away. Very, very quickly.

"Can I speak to Mr. Constanza?" I asked the sherrif at the front desk. He looked up at me and grinned in recognition. 

"How are you, Angie?" he greeted.

"Fine, thank you" I smiled.

"Harry has been working very cohesively with the other boys. And he's got a great knack for handling weapons. Just make sure he doesn't take too many home with him" the sheriff warned teasingly.

"I think he quite enjoys being on a team instead of working alone" I nodded.

"I should hope so, what with you, your three children and another baby on the way, he better be used to a crowd" sherrif chuckled lightly. 

I laughed with him. Harry and I still haven't chosen the house we will be moving into once this final baby comes. There's absolutely no way we can continue to stay in our tiny apartment. And maybe we could get a place closer to Danny so the kids can play together more easily.

The sheriff glanced over his shoulder, then back at me. 

"Did you say you wanted Constanza?" he asked. 

"Yes, please" I nodded.

"I'm afraid he's on lunch break. Do you mind waiting a few minutes?"

"No, not at all"

I sat down on the bench and watched as men in uniforms hustled back and forth, answering phones, gathering their weapons and reading legal documents. It was all so crowded yet it wasn't chaotic. It sort of reminded me of our apartment. Darcy was always in need of something. Des was always trying to break something. And J.D. was always quiet in the corner, trying to avoid it all. 

"Angie?" a heafty voice grinnned.

I looked up to see Michael. 

"Hi Mr. Constanza" I smiled.

He shook his head laughed. 

"How many times do I have to tell you, just call me Mike" he nodded.

"Ok, Mike" I smiled cautiously. 

'Mike' was a full grown man, a man my father's age (if he were still alive) and calling him by his first name seemed odd and a bit disrespectful to me but I only obliged because he was so adamant about it. 

Mike lead me to his corner of the office and helped me sit down. After having been pregnant with twins and, I was far too used to being pregnant that getting help was nice but unneccessary.