ch.43

I felt like I was dead. Like my soul was being transported to Hell and I was staring at the she-devil herself. 

The she-devil laughed huskily, like a dying rat. I glared at her. She looked nearly the same. Her hair was still a honey golden blonde and her hazel eyes were wide and excited to destroy me and my world. Damn. She probably looked much younger than me. That's the problem with having someone that looks so much like you; everyone compares you to each other.

I could feel everyone's stares on both me and the devil. I wondered what my children thought of the devil, my evil half, especially since we still had the same facial structure and were tall and relatively the same body size. But there was one genuine, difference that I knew my children would be able to point out: she was the devil and I was the angel. (Sort of).

"Oh Angela, I've missed you so much," the devil gasped. Her English had improved. Now she can impersonate me even better. Damn.

I glared at her. She reached her arms out and tried to hug me. I jumped back as though afraid I would catch a disease.

"Angie," she sighed. I stared at her. She wasn't grinning or smirking the way she used to. She actually looked into my eyes and smiled, like she meant it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I demanded. I glared at Niall for a moment, unsure if I was happy to see him or pissed that he had brought the devil back.

"Hey Angie" Niall spoke up. The devil kissed his cheek.

I swallowed a baby barf.

"You remember Gabby, don't you?" Niall asked carefully. The entire room shifted their attention from me to Niall and the devil. The devil was my issue, not theirs, so they just sat back, watching us like a TV soap opera.

The kids all stared at the devil, unsure why a seemingly harmless looking lady was being glared at.

Harry stood up.

"Gabriella, what are you doing here?" Harry asked softly. He didn't want to seem rude, but he also couldn't be nice because he remembered what the devil had tried to do to us way back when. Way back when...shouldn't I forgive her already? It's been 18 years...

"I was asked to come back" she answered gently, looking back at Niall. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"She was invited" Niall declared confidently.

I almost laughed.

"I-I hope that's ok" Gabby murmured softly. Niall wrapped his arm around her waist and took her hand in his. I almost choked.

"Well it's not ok. Get the hell--"

"Angie" Harry interrupted. He rubbed my back slowly, urging me to keep quiet. He nodded at the roomful of kids. I took a deep breath and forced a semi-smile that was almost more painful than when I gave birth to Des. And he was a fighter. 

Gabby's eyes grazed over Harry and she licked her lips coyly. I stood infront of Harry, blocking his chest and groin. Harry kissed my neck and smiled kindly at the devil. He wanted to believe that after all these years, she was a better person. That maybe she's changed...

"Wow" she gasped as she let her gaze travel up and down the contour of Harry's body. My fists doubled. "Harold, you've aged like fine wine" she winked.

Harry blushed. I nudged him in the gut. 

"Oh, no not really. It's Angela that still looks as beautiful as the day I married her" Harry mumbled nervously. The devil's eyes met mine at "married." She looked away and focused on the rest of the crowd.