ch.39

"Three strikes and I'm telling your father," I warned Darcy. 

She nodded slowly, avoiding my eyes. Brock stared forward and just barely distanced himself from Darcy. 

"Don't you have a car, Brock?" Des spoke up bluntly. He leaned a hand on Brock's meaty shoulder. Brock knelt down slightly, in order to get closer to Des' height.

Darcy narrowed her eyes at Des.

Brock blinked. His deep set brows furrowed.

"I'll give you a hint," Des winked, waving a hand as if motioning at an imaginary car. "The back seat isn't just for your sirloin steaks and football gear, it's where you fuck--"

"Desmond!" I gasped.

"Just giving him options" De held his hands up as if under surrender. "Dad will find out either way and murder him, but Brock's car will give him a chance to escape" Des grinned.

Darcy's cheeks flushed pale. She glared at Des in a strange mix of hateful gratitude. She stared at the ground a moment. Brock stood close to her side. She looked like a little doll beside him. She was petite, too, which emphasized their difference. And she was thinner than I was in high school, but her chest made up for the difference and I'm sure Brock noticed that. I hate to be the kind that judges, but who am I kidding? I've judged people for judging and I judge everyone myself. 

Brock peaked down Darcy's shirt from his height advantage. I sighed loudly. All he wanted was to sleep with her. That's what most horny, high school boys want. I just hoped Darcy knew better than to let him have her so easily. I know she's still 'golden.' The way she reacted when Brock tugged at her panties made it clear that she had never let him or anyone else go all the way.

"Is that Officer Styles I see outside?" Des grinned, waving out the window. 

Brock's voice cracked. He had seen Harry at the station, arresting young and old criminals, left and right, beating them with batons and shouting at them for hurting innocent citizens... But Brock had never formally met Harry and from the looks of it, he was too chicken to meet the father of the girl he was trying to sleep with. Coward.

"Brock, I would invite you to dinner, but if you stay, Harry will serve you as the main dish, so you better go home" I told him honestly.

He nodded hurriedly. Darcy exhaled loudly. She knew better than to let Brock stay for when Harry comes home.

"I'll see you at school, baby" Brock nodded. He kissed Darcy's cheek this time and gave her a light hug.

Darcy nodded. Brock walked himself out. The door clicked.

Des laughed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Darcy demanded of Des. 

Des held his hands up in surrender. 

"Woah. What did I do wrong?" he gasped.

"You always do that. You always scare them off!" Darcy complained, pointing an accusing finger at Des.

"It's not my fault you don't know how to keep a man" Des spat.

"Excuse you?" she gasped. She folded her arms over her chest.

"You heard me" Des spoke confidently. He took a step closer to Darcy and stared her down easily (he was about half a foot taller).

"You're easy."

Darcy's mouth hung open.

"Des" I spoke up. That was it. That was too much.

Darcy kicked Des in the shin. He gasped.