ch.36 Do it for Nonna

Danny opened the door the moment our car touched the asphalt of the driveway. He rubbed his eyes and they were blotchy and red; he had been crying.

"Angela," he gasped. He wrapped his still-bulky arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest. I rubbed his back.

"How are you, Danny?" I smiled. Danny kissed my cheek.

"How am I? How are you!" he gasped.

"Better. Much better."

Gemma kissed my cheeks a few times and hugged the life out of me, too-- even though she was thinner than me.

"Angie, Angie, Angie," she shook her head. I patted her back. Zayn and Yaz walked up next and I gasped immediately. Yaz was sporting a faint baby bump. They had gotten married in the time I was out of my element.

"You two work fast," I teased.

"Angela, you scared the hell out of us," Zayn shook his head. He tugged at my wrist and hugged me just as hard as everyone else. He didn't even care that his hair was tangling in mine, ruining his prefected quiff (which was thinning out just slightly, but I'd never tell him that in a million years).

"I'm sorry, Zayn," I apologized quietly. Zayn shook his head and rubbed his eye with the back of his hand, trying to push back his tears. I fixed the strand of hair that had fallen out of his quiff. A tear rolled down his cheek. Yaz kissed it and he kissed her belly.

"What took so long?" Niall grumbled softly. I glanced at Harry momentarily. He nodded stiffly. I wrapped my arms around Niall's neck and he immedately pulled me to his chest.

"If you ever leave us again, I'll die of heart break," he whispered.

Niall's normally translucent blue eyes were now clouded with anger and fear. He continued to cling to my waist, but it seemed as though he restented how much he wanted to care about me.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

Niall rubbed the small of my back and Harry cleared his throat. Niall let go slowly and kissed my hand.

"You promised" he whispered against my hand.

I nodded.

Louis came up slowly, holding a brunette's hand. Summer's hand. I hadn't formally met Summer, but I guess now was my chance. I glanced at her hand as something shiny caught my eye: a ring.

"Angela, I wanted to introduce you to Summer way back when, but-but" he started to stutter.

"Hi, nice to meet you," I grinned, taking Summer's ring hand.

"Wow," Summer gasped. I blinked. "You're even lovelier than Louis described," she nodded softly.

I grinned. Louis pretended to look away casually.

"I proposed a few weeks ago," Louis explained, rubbing the back of his neck. Summer tilted her head to the side, admiring the ring, then looking back at Louis. Lous blushed.

I grinned weakly. Goddamn. I missed absolutely everything these past few months.

"Mrs. Styles," a young woman spoke up. Her blonde hair bobbed slightly as she tried to make her way to me. "I'm so glad you're back" she nodded quickly.

It was Lux. Harry patted her back soothingly, the way he did for Darcy and Farah. I kissed Lux's cheek and she hugged me. Then she stood beside Harry once more. I blinked. 

Now that she was grown up and standing next to Harry. I could see some sort of semblance between them...Almost as if she were Harry's love child from years before...