ch.45 Blondes do it better

I might as well call her "Gabriella" now since Farah might overhear me saying "the devil's here" and that might scare her.

So Gabriella lives with Niall, but she spends more time at my house, with my kids, with my husband. J.D. thinks she's a creepy old hack. I appreciated his discomfort, but reminded him that Gabby 's my age, so he insisted that I looked much youner and claimed that brunettes are more beautiful. I just smiled and let him stay up an hour later on Friday.

Farah thinks Gabby's the best thing since sparkly unicorns. Harry is just trying to be polite, but Gabby is taking advantage of his politeness. Maybe if I tighten Harry's belt, he'll rethink his "politeness."

And Des, poor, deluded Des is blinded by Gabby's little compliments and smiles. She hasn't dared touch a hair on his head, but who knows; she had wanted to steal Harry from me years back, maybe she'll want to steal Dessy, too. 

J.D. watched my face slowly, then he turned to Gabby, who was sitting on the couch, watching Farah's favorite show with her.

Darcy was in the backyard, trying to sneak a brief make out session with Brock before Harry got home. I know she's not serious with Brock, let alone any of the other boys she has dated, but I still have to talk with her to make sure she's on the samepage as me. There's no way inhell that I'm gonna be a grandma at 37.

Des grunted. He was in the back room, lifting weights his still blossoming muscles definitely couldn't handle. He held his cell phone in one hand and a dumbbell in the other. Shrill giggling sounded from his phone. He was probably trying to impress some girl.

J.D. glared at Des, then scratched words furiously onto his journal. I've been meaning to ask him if I could read some of his work.

"J.D., what are you writing?" I smiled, peaking down at his journal.

"Words" he hissed sharply. I scooted back. "I'm sorry, mom, I'm not ready to show you yet, I'm having trouble with a poem," he sighed.

"I can help you" I offered.

"No, no that's ok" he shook his head. I nodded and glanced back at Farah. She was the baby and the least complicated of all my children.

Farah giggled and Gabby kissed her head. Farah waved at me. I smiled. Gabby smirked. I took a long sip of my coffee and glared at Gabby. I hate coffee.

They started getting out the art supplies from the cabinet and started painting. A car engine sounded and someone reversed out of our driveway and left. Darcy slammed the kitchen door. 

"Asshole" she muttered under her breath. She was wearing her cheerleading uniform, but the skirt was bunched up slightly. There was a tear on one side.

J.D. didn't even bother to look up. 

"I told you," he mumbled casually. Darcy rolled her eyes. Her hands trembled. 

 Gabby slithered onto Des. She was pointing at his newly forming muscles. Des blushed. I cleared my throat loadly and focused on Darcy instead.

"What's wrong, Darcy?" I asked, even though I knew the problem: she and Brock had gotten into some kind of heated argument.

"He's an asshole. What else do I have to say?" she spat, crossing her legs together. 

"What did he do?" I raised my voice. When Darcy was angry, it meant that she was a breath away from crying.

Darcy's eyes darted down. She shifted her stance uncomfortably. There was a faint bruise on her thigh and wrist.

"Darcy" I gasped. I took her face in my hands, forcing her to look into my eyes.