ch.52 Do you know about Gemma?

Harry ran downstairs, ready to finish off Brock. He reached the door when he stopped suddenly. I sniffed the air. The devil had arrived.

"Gabriella?" Harry gasped.

"Dear God," I sighed.

I walked downstairs very, very slowly. Harry stared at Gabby in confusion. She smiled up at me.

"Gabby, this isn't the time," I shook my head as I made my way downstairs.  

Des' voice sounded from outside. He walked in shirtless, clad in only his wrestling shorts.

"You did wonderful at practice," Gabby smiled at Des.

"I know," Des grinned proudly. 

Harry stared at the both of them. His surge of anger disappeared and confusion replaced it.

"Desmond is a brilliant wrestler," Gabby explained to me and Harry, as though we didn't know. 

"Yeah, I know," Harry mumbled. "I trained him."

Gabby's fake grin weakened a bit. Harry turned to head for the door, still determined to beat Brock.

"I made the team, dad," Des spoke up. He took a step toward Harry.

Harry turned around. He smiled weakly.

"That's good, son."

Des nodded.

"Are you proud?" he whispered.

Harry took a long moment to answer.

"Did you win all your matches?"

Des looked down. "No."

"Keep working, then," Harry patted his shoulder.

Des sighed painfully. 

Harry reached for the door knob again.

"Harry!"

He turned around. Gabby raised her pale brows, eager to understand why I was shouting at Harry of all people.

"We have a guest, honey. You can't just leave," I hissed, glaring at Gabby curtly.

Gabby's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Wow. Thank you?" she mumbled slowly.

"Please do stay for dinner," I smiled as fakely as those models on T.V. ads. Gabby took her coat off and tossed it to me.

"With pleasure."

Gabby stayed for dinner, smiling and laughing with Des as though they were best friends. J.D. and Candy had hung out earlier, so Candy stayed for dinner, as well. J.D. rested his arm around her chair, tightly enough to show that they were an item, but not tight enough to look possessive. 

Des eyed them every so often.

Candy whispered in J.D.'s ear. J.D. took her hand under the table. He rested it at her thigh. Des choked on his water.

J.D. smirked. Candy winked at him. Des sighed loudly. This cycle continued for half an hour. I wasn't sure what to do: feel sorry for Des or shove Candy away before she took my baby's innocence.

"And then Des did this fantastic twist and turny thing that made the other guy fall flat on his face," Gabby exclaimed, twisting her hands to display Des' trick.

Des grinned. "Yes, it's called a half-Nelson," he cleared his throat. 

Candy scanned his chest.

"How often do you work out?" she asked plainly.

Des smirked. "Nearly everyday."

"Wow," Candy gasped.