ch.56 Even Farah

I saw Danny drive to and from the construction site he has worked at for over twenty years. Except he has been an architect  and manager for the later half of those years. He still likes to get his hands dirty and show off his muscles, but that's just because he's Danny. He's a cuddly body-builder.

And the kids; Marco was growing taller everyday and Sephora was blossoming like a precious daisy.  Sephora knows. God, she knows. But Gemma, Gemma was missing it all. She was out every night and if I ever saw her with Danny, it was to yell at him for being messy or forgetting to shave his facial hair. Stupid, stupid things...

Harry came home early from work because the hospital visiting hours had been cut-- for Lux, at least. They were giving her heavy medication and chemotherapy did not leave her in a conscious, let alone a happy state of mind.

Harry slammed the door shut behind him. He grumbled to himself as he plopped his bag of guns and other weapons down. I wanted to tell him about Gemma, to get it off my chest, but this was the worst time possible. Lux's medicine wasn't working and we all knew it deep down. Plus, Gemma is Harry's sister. Would he even believe me if I said she was cheating on Danny? 

"Daddy!" Farah squeaked. She ran from the living room and straight to Harry's arms. Harry's grimace morphed into a bright smile.

"Hi baby," he grinned, kissing her cheeks.

"Daddy, you came home early," Farah gasped, staring up at Harry's face as though he were a ghost that came back to life.

"Yes, baby, your big sister had to go to take some medicine, so I couldn't visit her," he explained plainly.

"Oh ok, daddy," Farah nodded slowly. She didn't really understand the situation with Lux and Sam, so Harry kept it simple: Lux is Farah's biggest sister. That's it. No questions asked.

"And daddy, I made a card for Lux," Farah smiled, holding up her card.

Harry gasped loudly. 

"Wow, baby it's beautiful. Did you draw it all yourself?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yup," she nodded proudly. Harry kissed her cheeks.

"Luxie will be so happy," he whispered. His voice cracked. 

Darcy skulked downstairs and set up the table.

"You ok, Darc?" I asked, patting her back gently. She shrugged.

"Did he say something to you?" I whispered, making sure Harry didn't hear us. Harry wanted to smash Brock's brain's in, but now was not a good time. Harry was even tenser than usual and reminding him of Brock would make him lose his mind.

Darcy zipped up her hoodie. "No."

"Well then what's wrong? You're passing your classes, right? Cause I'm gonna see you graduate, I'm gonna see my baby graduate in the spring," I nodded proudly. Darcy's gonna graduate this year, wow.

Darcy smiled weakly. She tied her hair back.

"I don't have a prom date."

I sighed loudly. Brock was going to take Darcy, but if his sorry ass showed up at this point, he wouldn't make it out of our house alive.

"But guess who does?" she hissed.

I looked up at the stairs to see J.D. and Candy walking hand in hand. Candy was giggling and whispering something in J.D.'s ear. J.D. slipped his arm around her waist and kissed her neck. I cleared my throat loudly.

J.D. didn't notice anything except Candy's bra, which peaked out from under her low-cut top. 

"Juliano," I hissed.