Zoe

I gripped Alfie's hand tightly as we made our way to Tanya and Jim's car. Kissing in the train station was spur of the moment and now I was paranoid that someone other than Tanya and Jim had seen us. I still wanted to keep 'us' on the down low. 

Jim and Alfie started to talk in the car as we drove to their house. I kept silent and listened a bit to their conversation. They were talking about Youtube, after a while I got bored of it and looked out the window, droaning out their voices with my own thoughts. 

"What do you think Zo?" 

"Huh," I looked up, snapping out of my reverie at the sound of Alfie's voice. 

"What do you think about the layout change on Youtube?" Alfie repeated with a smile and a slight squeeze of my hand. 

"Oh, I think it's great I guess," I said with a smile. 

"You guess," Jim said with a chuckle. I rested my head on Alfie's shoulder gripping his hand even tighter. Jim and Tanya started to talk about something, I had no idea what. I didn't even try to engage in conversation anymore. We were going to be at our destination soon enough, it didn't really matter anyway. 

___________

"We're here!" Tanya said with a grin turning back to face us. 

I had managed to fall asleep on Alfie's shoulder in the short car journey from the train station to Tanya and Jim's house. I sat up abruptly though, fully awake after my power nap. 

"Great," Alfie said with a genuine smile. He opened the car door and I followed him out. I reached for my suitcase but Alfie stopped me. "I got that Zo," he said with a grin. My stomach erupted in butterflies. Even though we had been dating for a few months now his smile never failed to make my heart flutter. 

I held tightly to his hand as we followed Tanya and Jim inside. Once inside the house I let go of Alfie's hand wrapping my arms tightly around my body. It was really cold inside. 

"Sorry about the temperature," Tanya said as she walked over to the thermostat to turn the heat on. "Our house is always freezing."

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and turned to see Alfie taking his jacket off. He walked over to me and wrapped it around me. "Oh Alf, now you'll be-" my voice trailed off as he brought his finger up to my lips to silence me. 

Tanya looked over at us and smiled. Jim seemed to have disappeared somewhere in the house. "I'll show you two to your room then," Tanya said leading the way to the spare bedroom. I set my handbag down on the bed and took a look around taking in the entire room. 

It was a bit warmer in here and very cozy. There was a lamp on each table and fairy lights strung on the top of the bed like in Jim and Tanya's room. The bedding was a beautiful shade of coral and there were about a billion pillows scattered on top. 

Tanya caught me staring. "Jim wasn't sure how many pillows you guys would want," she said with a grin. 

"It's perfect," I said with a little gigle, flopping down on the bed. Alfie sat gingerly beside me. 

"I'll leave you two alone for a bit. Jim is picking up Nandos for dinner. It will be about an hour or so before he goes to get it," she said as she slowly started to walk out of the room. 

"Thanks Tan," I called as she gave us one last smile before clicking the door shut. 

I smiled over at Alfie who was already smiling at me. My stomach experienced those familiar flitterings yet again. "So what do you want to do for the next hour?" Alfie asked with yet another mischievous grin. 

A sudden surge of confidence ran through me. "How about this?" I asked leaning in and kissing him. Softly at first but then more passionately. I moved closer to him letting my entire body weight collide onto him. He pulled me into his lap and we continued to kiss, the twinkling fairy lights behind us.

__________

"Knock, knock. Dinner!" Jim said knocking softly on the door before opening it. I immeadiately pulled away from Alfie my cheeks turning bright red in colour. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interupt," he said. I could tell he was embarrassed as well. 

"You weren't," Alfie said abruptly standing up. He was already out of the room before I could say anything. I didn't really know what had just happened there. Alfie and I had just spent a little under an hour making out and now he just left the room like nothing had just happened. 

Hopefully he was just embarrassed and that's why he left. He probably left for the food too. I followed slowly behind Jim shutting off the light in the guest room before I shut the door. I was looking forward to the week to come. 

I was looking forward to being with Alfie. 

Sorry it's a bit short lovelies. I hope you still like it! ^_^ xxx