Zoe

I just sat on my bed after I had hung up with Alfie. I felt, relieved. Something that I hadn't felt in ages. I felt okay with everything. Alfie and I couldn't have had better timing either. In only a matter of a few days we were off to Paris and I couldn't be more excited. 

Everything was looking up for us. 

I was about to send out a tweet about what a good mood I was in when there was a knock at the door. I groaned and walked over. I knew that that boy, David, was going to be behind the door. He was definitely someone who good ruin my good mood. 

I pulled open the door and was surprised to see Joe standing outside. He walked into my room before I could say anything. I opened my mouth to ask him why he was here but he started talking first. 

"Dad needs you to come out and help with dessert. Oh and that David person is wondering where you are," he gave me a quizzical look and I returned it with a look that plainly said he meant nothing to me. 

"Okay," I said with a sigh. I guess it was my dad and these Hatfield's who were going to put me out of my good mood. I guess everything wasn't going to be looking up until Friday. That's the day when everything was going to be perfect. 

I let Joe leave the room first, before I left I walked over to my dresser and picked up the train ticket. It was quite worn since it had been in my pocket for the majority of that day, but just looking at it made me happy. I reached my hand up and stuck it in the corner of my mirror. That way I would see it every day when I woke up. 

I walked out of my room shutting the door behind me. Before I made my way to the kitchen I took and deep breath and put on a fake smile. Only a few more hours with company and then I would be free to do whatever I wanted. 

_______________

"It was so nice to have you, I hope we'll be speaking again Mr. Hatfield," my dad said as we all stood at the door. Joe was the only one missing, he was back in his room. I didn't understand why he was the one who was allowed to slip away but I had to stay. 

"Bye," I said with another fake smile. I had not enjoyed the rest of their visit. David kept trying to make a pass at me and he would not take no for an answer. Luckily he hadn't asked me for my number since I wouldn't have given it to him if he had asked. 

David smiled widely at him before he spoke. "It was a pleasure to meet you Zoe. I hope that we meet again." Then they were all gone. I shut the door with a loud click and flopped back in the couch with a large sigh. 

"That was exhausting," I said looking at the floor. 

"Thanks for helping me out," my dad said sitting next to me. "I gave David your number, I hope that's okay. You two seemed to really click. Maybe you can hang out again sometime."

"You did what?" I asked standing up and looking at him. 

"Hang out as friends I mean," he said looking a bit guilty.

"Dad he's terrible," I moaned. Just then my phone went off. I glanced down at the screen, it was a text from none other than David. 

D- 'Hey it's David, I just wanted to say that I really had an amazing time with you today :)'

I chose to not respond and instead started to glare at my dad. That was when he politely chose to excuse himself from the room. I sat down again and groaned. Part of me was still in a really good mood. The whole telling viewers thing had been resolved for the moment but part of me was in a terrible mood. I didn't this David person all over me, not right now. 

I picked up my phone again and deleted the text. I felt slightly bad for doing it, but then again, I didn't really. I walked down the corridor to my room and decided that I was going to surprise Alfie and come to London early. 

Of course that meant I would have to pack tonight. I guess I would have to get started. I pulled out my pink suitcase and started to pack shirts, trousers, leggings, socks, everything I would need for a week in France. 

Next was toiletries and makeup. This bit always took me the longest. I took care of shampoo and soap and all that first before moving on to makeup. I settled on my largest makeup bag and went a bit overboard really. This was my Valentine's gift though and I wanted to look nice for Alfie everyday. 

After I finished packing everything I sat down on my bed and pulled out my phone. I started to look at the train times and say that there was a train headed to London leaving in two hours. It would mean that I got to London around midnight but it would be worth it. 

I wanted to see Alfie right this second, I couldn't wait unti Friday. I loved him so much. 

____________

The train journey wasn't all that bad. There were hardly any other people on the train so I had it really to myself. Alfie texted me once asking me how I was but I ignored him. This I actually did feel bad about but I was going to see him soon, what was the point of texting him. 

I got off the train and grabbed a taxi to his flat. I was really excited to see him at this point. I hadn't seen him properly in a while. My stomach was filled with butterflies, it just kept turning over and over. 

I paid the taxi and grabbed my suitcase getting out of the car. I stood up on the sidewalk looking up at Alfie's building. He was up there and I couldn't wait to see him. I walked inside and pressed the button for the lift, it opened right away and I got in. 

I went all the way to the ninth floor before getting out. I walked down the corridor to Alfie's room and knocked on the door. I waited for a bit but no one came to answer it. I reached in my handbag and pulled out my keys. I found the small silver one and unlocked the door. 

The lights were all out and it was empty. I decided to text Alfie and ask where he was. I wasn't going to tell him I was here though. That would be a surprise for him when he got back. 

Z- 'Hey, what're you doing tonight?'

A- 'Out with Marcus :)' 

I smiled, he wouldn't be home for a while. I could tidy up a little bit before they arrived back. He would be so excited to see me, and I couldn't wait either. 

xxx