Alfie

Zoe and I went to bed right after we uploaded the Zalfie blogpost. We didn't want to see the response, we were so worried that it was going to be negative and I didn't want Zoe to have to sleep on that. I could tell she was worried. 

I woke up the next morning the the constant shaking of my arm. "Alfie, wake up," she kept repeating over and over. I sat up groggily and looked at Zoe, searching for tears. Luckily her face was dry. "Read this," she said shoving her laptop into my lap. 

It was queued up to the blogpost we had put up later. There were already 300 comments. I skimmed over some of them and they were nothing but positive. I then opened up my Tumblr and looked at the Zalfie tag. Again, nothing but nice comments. 

I looked at Zoe in shock. "This is,"

"Amazing," she finished for me. She leaned and kissed me. 

"Zoe, this is amazing," I said again. Things could not have gone better. There was not a single nasty comment on the blog post and everyone seemed to be overly lovely and amazing. Why had Zoe and I not done this earlier? 

"Can I have my computer back, I want to send out a tweet," Zoe said with a smile. She seemed so incredibly happy. I was so happy for her, and if Zoe was happy then I was happy. I handed her her computer and watched as she stared at the screen typing up a message. "How does this look?" she asked showing me the screen. 

I read the nice note on the screen and nodded my approval. It just said how happy we were for all the lovely support. Zoe and I were finally a thing. Everyone knew about us and it felt amazing. 

___________

"Yes, I will call you," I kept saying. Zoe and I were going our seperate ways for now but we had already made plans to hang out next weekend. There were a lot of Youtuber parties we had been invited to and people who had made plans with us. 

I waved goodbye to Zoe as I got in the cab. I got to the train station and settled in for a journey back home. And I had a lot of reading to do. I read through every single one of the comments on the post thus far. They were all amazing. 

Our fans were some of the kindest people I had ever known and I wanted to do something special for them. I wanted to thank them. I knew that Zoe had said she never wanted to have a public or 'online' relationship but I thought the viewers deserved something special. 

Once I got home I typed up an email to Zoe outlining my plan. I really hoped that she would like it. I really wanted to make it work. 

Dear Zo,

I had an idea of something we could do for the fans. As you know, a thank you for being so supportive. I was thinking we could do a video of sorts together...

The rest of the email went on to explain the type of video I wanted to make. I wanted this to be the best video I had ever made in my entire life. It was going to be perfect. 

__________

Zoe and I spent ages working on the video. We would film bits of it every time she came over to mine or I went to hers. It was a special video. One I hoped my viewers liked a lot. I spend loads of times editing it. It was taking me forever but in the end it would be so worth it. 

It was late one night at the end of September when I was quite close to finish editing the video when Zoe called. "Hey Alf," she said and I could tell she was smiling. "How are you?" she asked. 

I clicked save on the video before exiting out of iMovie. "I'm great, how are you?" I asked opening up tumblr. I had a long night ahead of me. I would probably talk to Zoe for ages then be on Tumblr for a while before finally finishing editing the video. 

"How is editing going?" she asked curiously. 

"Pretty well, I'm almost done," I said grinning. 

"I had a really good idea about the video!" Zoe said excitedly. 

"What?" I asked smiling a bit. I started to scroll down my tumblr page a bit more waiting for Zoe to tell me her idea. 

"I think we should upload the video for Christmas!" she shrieked. Then she started giggling at her own silliness. 

"Zoe, you have the best ideas ever," I said with a large smile. "I have to finish editing it, but I'll see you tomorrow and we can go over the final thing?" I asked. 

"Of course," Zoe said softly. "I'll see you then Alf," she said before hanging up. I set the phone down and prepared myself for one of the longest nights I was ever going to have. I saw the sun before I went to bed. 

xxx