Alfie

I paid the taxi and got out looking walking up the street a bit until I was at Nandos. I looked in the window and saw Jack, Finn, and Marcus already sitting down and eating. I opened the door and smiled at them when they looked up and saw me. I walked over to them. 

"Hey mate," Marcus said standing up and giving me a hug. Finn smiled at me and I returned his smile warmly. Jack didn't even look at me. I guess that's where we stood with everything then. 

"Hey," I said quietly sitting down. Finn looked at me sympathetically, he knew that Jack still had a grudge against me. I didn't know why he couldn't just put that past us. I mean Zoe had never really been into him. If he had to have a grudge on anyone it should be Zoe. 

Speaking of Zoe I wanted to see how she was feeling about this whole not telling viewers until we're ready thing was settling with her. I hope she felt as relieved as I did. I sent her a wuick text asking her how she was before returning my attention to the rest of the group. 

"We ordered your favourite," Marcus said pushing a plate filled with chicken towards me. 

"Thanks," I said smiling at him. I really had missed my best friend. He had been busy doing other things though and I had moved to London. He still lived back in Brighton. Things weren't really the same with us anymore and I could tell. 

I was about to start eating when my phone buzzed. I just guessed it was Zoe telling me how she was but she was actually asking me what I was doing for the night. I responded telling her that I was hanging out with Marcus. I briefly wondered why she needed to know what I was doing but it left my mind when Jack started talking. 

"Text from Zoe is it?" he asked looking down at my phone. I clicked it off and shoved it in my pocket. I really didn't want any trouble. 

"Erm ya," I said shifting nervously in my seat. 

"How are you two?" he asked with a large grin. I was guessing that he knew we having some troubles in our relationship. I don't know how he knew it but he did. 

"We're great actually," I said with a bit of spite. I turned to look at Finn and Marcus and I could tell that they were just as uncomfortable as I was right now. 

"So what're are you doing next week?" Finn asked obviously trying to change the subject. Unfortunately for him he wasn't actually changing the subject all that much. 

"Zoe and I are going to Paris for the week," I said quietly looking down at my plate. 

"That's enough!" Jack said standing up, pushing his chair back with a loud screeching. Everyone in the restaurant turned to look at us. 

"Let's go," Marcus said slowly looking at me. I grabbed my jacket off the back of my chair and followed Marcus out of the restaurant. I looked back before shutting the door to see Finn holding back Jack. I guess this hadn't been the best of dinners. 

Marcus was silent as we walked. I guess we were walking back to my flat. We had walked a few blocks before he spoke. 

"Sorry I dragged you into all of that. I thought he had changed," Marcus said quietly. 

"It's fine, really," I said looking down at my feet as we continued to walk. 

"I should have known better," Marcus said. We didn't talk the rest of the way but it didn't feel awkward, it felt right. It was good to know that Marcus and I could still be friends even without saying anything. It made me feel good inside. 

After about half an hour we made it to my building. "Well I guess I'll leave you here," he said smiling at me. "We need to hang out again soon. Just us," he said before giving me a quick hug. I could tell he had missed me a lot too. 

"Yes we do," I said with a smile. 

"Text me," he said before turning and walking back towards Nandos. I had forgotten that he was staying with the twins for a while to film in London and everything. I hoped that Jack wouldn't give him to much trouble after me being there and everything. 

I opted to walk up the nine flights of stairs to my flat instead of taking the lift. It would give me some time to think about stuff before coming home to a very drunk Caspar. That is if he was even home. He would probably be out really late, and maybe not even come home. Regardless I bet his night would have been ten times better than mine. 

I pulled out my key and slipped it in the hole turning it and opening the door. I was surprised to see that the lights were on. I could have sworn that I had turned them off when I left. That must mean that Caspar was home. 

"Caspar," I called out. I heard footsteps down the corridor and was expecting to see Caspar's face but was quite shocked to see Zoe. Before I could say anything she had run towards me engulfing me in a tight hug. 

"I missed you," she said kissing my neck softly. 

"I love you," I whispered in her ear. 

__________

A few minutes later Zoe and I were on the couch drinking hot chocolate. Zoe was telling me how she had wanted to surprised me and had come and cleaned up the flat a little bit. She really was amazing. 

"So are you excited for Sunday?" I asked her with a large smile. I just couldn't stop smiling. 

"Why wouldn't I be? I've been waiting to go to Paris my entire life," she said returning my smile. I chuckled a bit. "So where's Caspar?" she asked looking at me straight in the eyes. My stomach did a flip-flop. She always gave me the butterflies. 

"Out with some friends, he probably won't be back tonight," I said taking another sip of my warm drink. 

"Sounds fun for him. The real question though is how was your night?" she looked up at me expectantly. As if I was about to tell her what a fun time I had had. 

I opted to tell her the truth. "It was actually complete shit," I said, this time without a smile. I then told her all about Jack and how he had been a complete twat. I hadn't even gotten to finish eating my Nandos. But then I told her how amazing it had been to see Marcus and hang out with Finn. 

She told me that she had always liked Finn better than Jack. "I think I'm going to go to bed now," she said standing up. She left her mug on the table before walking over and kissing me on the nose. 

"That's all I get?" I whined. She fake pouted and leaned in, this time kissing me fully on the lips. Just as we were getting into it she pulled away again. 

"Good night Alf," she said with that wicked smiled of hers again. My stomach erupted into butterflies. 

xxx