Zoe

It was the final day in Paris and I couldn't have been more sad. This had been one of the best trips I had ever gone on. Having Alfie with me made it the absolute best. I still couldn't believe that he had gotten all those presents for me. That he had cared so much and actually listened when I told him the stuff I liked. 

It really was amazing to know that someone cared. 

I really just spent the beginning of our last day cleaning up the hotel room. All of my stuff had managed to find it's way into every single corner. I found stuff in the weirdest places. I tried to channel my inner Luna Lovegood. Everything would find a way back to me in the end, it always did. 

My present for the day had been a tripod and I had loved it so much. I had been moaning and groaning about my super cheap one for ages. I still couldn't believe that Alfie had remembered me talking about it. I hadn't whined about it in forever. After Joe told me I was annoying the hell out of everyone. And after he let me borrow his nice one. Now I had my own!

As I was packing Alfie reminded me to leave a dress out. Apparently he was taking me somewhere really special for dinner. I could hardly wait. At four o'clock I started to get ready. I wanted to look really nice for this dinner so I had to have some extra time to get ready. 

I did my hair in a low knot bun down on the back of my neck. And I choose to wear one of my favourite new dresses from Primark. It was just white but it had the most intricate detailing on it. It was covered in beautiful lace flowers and I felt like a princess when I wore it. 

I opted to wear my lighter jacket because it was cuter but I knew that I would end up regretting it. It was still freezing cold in Paris. I would just borrow Alfie's if I needed to. After getting dressed and doing my hair I did my makeup. This took about an hour and I finished right at 5. Alfie told me we could eat anytime after 5 and I wanted to leave right away. 

I opened the door softly and saw Alfie sitting on the bed. "Alfie, can you help me with my zipper?" I called out. I turned so that my back was facing him. I shivered a bit as his cold hands touched my skin. He did up the zipper and turned to face me. I just kissed him out of no where. 

"What was that for?" he asked looking a bit confused. 

"Just because I love you," I said with a grin.

_________

My head was leaning softly on Alfie's chest. It turned out that Alfie had wanted to take me to the cutest little restaurant hidden away in the corner of the city. It had the perfect view of the Eiffel Tower and we were the only ones there. 

After we had eaten the waitress, who spoke perfect English, told us we could stay as long as we wanted. I just wanted to stay in this small, warm, inviting restaurant with Alfie forever. 

When Alfie reminded me about the Eiffel Tower lighting up in a few minutes I shrieked. I couldn't wait. It was always my favourite part of every evening. I just found the whole idea that the entire tower lit up in glittering lights amazing. It was so special and magical. 

Right at seven the entire restaurant got a bit brighter as the whole tower started to sparkle. The lights flickering on and off to make a totally magical affect. I could see that Alfie was reaching for something in his wallet out of the corner of my eye. 

He held out a white envelope covered in rainbow coloured polka dots. They looked hand-drawn. "What's that?" I asked, drawing my attention away from the Tower to look at it. I took it from Alfie's hand and flipped it over. My name was written in cursive on the front. 

"It's for you," he said with a grin. I tried to protest but he held his finger up to my mouth to stop me. "Just open it," he said smiling at me. 

I slid my finger carefully under the flap and pulled out the single sheet of paper inside. 

Zo,

Liked this trip so far? Want to go on another one? Tan and Jim invited us to go to Greece with them in May. You game? :)

Love, Alf

I just set the paper down. My eyes starting to fill with tears. This could not be true. How could I be the luckiest girl in the entire world. I didn't say anything, I just hugged Alfie tightly, the tears starting to flow down my face.

__________

We stayed in the restaurant a bit longer before packing everything up and leaving. It had been my favourite day in Paris out of all of them. When we got home Alfie collapsed on the bed and instantly fell asleep. I stayed up though. 

After Alfie had been asleep for about an hour I got off the bed and walked over to my bright pink suitcase. I undid the zipper quietly and pulled out all of the things on top setting them on the floor. I then shut the suitcase and sat cross-legged looking at everything I had pulled out. 

There were a few boxes, loads of wrapping paper and ribbons, and six notes. One for every present I had gotten from Alfie on this trip. I had saved everything. I made a neat stack and put everything in the box my jumper had come in. Everything fit perfectly. I then reached in my handbag and pulled out a pen. 

I scrawled Paris 2013 on the front. Then I started to cry. Alfie was the best thing that ever could have happened to me in life. I didn't deserve him one bit. He was so amazing to me and I so wasn't to him. I quickly stuffed the box back in my suitcase before zipping it up. I loved Alfie so much and I wanted him to know that. He needed to know that. 

I would tell him tomorrow. I pulled up the covers of bed and crawled under next to Alfie. I placed my head on his chest and fell asleep almost instantly. I loved Alfie. I loved him so much. 

xxx