2~

Kawill asked why Marcrya was sitting alone. "There's plenty of others you should greet or play with. Why sit alone?" He asked. "Well, I know but I was wondering about Malkor. He hasn't been free lately. He keeps saying that he will be busy. Dewdrop would say something similar too." Marcrya said. Kawill gave a nod. "I see. Did they tell you why?" Marcrya shook her head. "Humans have been bold lately. Awhile ago, some of us left to the border to see what happened. Jaxi, Caln, Joque, and a few more were chosen for this job." Kawill explained. Marcrya's eyes widened. "Jaxi and Joque? I thought they went to the West Gate to explore something!" Marcrya said. Kawill shook his head. Marcrya had tears in her eyes. "But if they went to the border, then there's a chance they've encountered some people! That's not good. The humans... they'll... they'll..." Marcrya started crying. Kawill gave her a comforting hug. "You don't know that yet. Maybe they survived." He said. Marcrya calmed. "Kawill. Is Malkor preparing for some kind of fight?" She asked. Kawill didn't answer. "He is, isn't he?" Marcrya cried. "And so is Dewdrop!" Kawill's eyes saddened. "That is true..." "Why didn't anyone tell me?" Marcrya asked. Again, Kawill did not answer. "What about everyone else? What about Jemmai, or Floira, or Pexxy, or-" Marcrya stopped. "T-they're going too. They're fighting with them." Kawill didn't say a word. He only looked to the ground. "Marcrya, you're a brave and smart girl. Right now, we cannot talk about this." Kawill said. "Why?" She asked. "I will be taking you to the South Cliffs soon. Please pack your things and say your goodbyes." He said. Marcrya's eyes filled even more with tears. "No! NO! I don't want to leave! North Woodland is my home! I'M NOT LEAVING!" Marcrya shouted. A hand touched Marcrya's shoulder. Marcrya turned around to see Dewdrop. "Marcrya, dear, listen. The North Woodland is not safe currently. You aren't leaving forever. You will come back." Said Dewdrop. "W-when?" Marcrya asked. "After the danger passes. We will await your return." Dewdrop said. "Promise?" Marcrya asked. Dewdrop hesitated but spoke anyways. "I promise." Marcrya hugged her. Dewdrop hugged back. Dewdrop lifted Marcrya up and walked to the Aqua Tower. Inside, Dewdrop packed a necklace with water stones, a picture of everyone in the North Woodland, Marcrya's favorite book, and another book into a small bag. "Thank you, Dewdrop." Said Marcrya. Dewdrop smiled. She led Marcrya outside where everyone was there. "Some of your friends have gifts for you, Marcrya." Said Dewdrop. Marcrya gave a small nod. Jem walked up to Marcrya first. "Here, Marcy. Something to remember me by." Jem said, handing over a scale from her tail. Next came Kawill. "This is a little charm for luck." He said, giving Marcrya a tooth strapped with leather and short loop of string. Malkor then trotted to Marcrya. "Here you are, little beast." He said, placing a dark grey arrowhead onto Marcrya's hands. Dewdrop then went in front of Marcrya. "My dear, I have a precious gift for you." Dewdrop took out a wand. "This is a wand made from one of the Great Elder Tree's branch. If trouble finds you, use this." She said, hugging Marcrya. "I love you, my dear Marcrya. Please be safe." She said, releasing her. Tears welled up in Marcrya's eyes. "Thank you so much, everyone. I'll miss you all. I will never forget you." She said, walking off with Kawill. "I'm so sorry, my dear Marcrya." Dewdrop whispered.