26~

"A hippogriff. That is rare!" Dolq said, trying to brighten up the mood. Marcrya nodded her head. No smile. Dolq's smile faltered as well. "I'll be going back to the North Woodlands." Marcrya announced, getting on the hippogriff. "What are you going to do there?" Arkrai asked. "Find out who killed my family." She replied, getting the hippogriff to the mouth of the cave. Dolq and Arkrai looked concerned. "And then what?" Dolq asked. "What does anyone do when they find a killer? You kill them, of course." Marcrya replied. "So, revenge as they say?" Dolq asked. Marcrya gave a nod. "A bit cliched, but... I guess I wish you good luck and a safe journey." Dolq said. Arkrai nodded in agreement. Marcrya dipped her head and the hippogriff flew off, carrying Marcrya back to the North Woodlands. Of course, the flight wasn't that easy. Gildgreev was right about the huge and powerful creatures in the air. Dragons, manticores, and much more. They landed at an underbrush. "We should be able to stay here to rest. Besides, I'm getting hungry." Marcrya said. The hippogriff laid on his stomach. Marcrya took out her dagger. "I wonder if I can turn this into a sword." She muttered. Taking out her wand, she found some strong roots and materials from around. After a long time, Marcrya let out a groan of frustration. "This isn't working." She said. "I'm not as skilled as Malkor in making weapons. This was a waste of time." Then, thunder began to roar. "What's with these storms lately, anyway?" Marcrya muttered. "I guess we'll head out once the storm is over." She said, laying next to the hippogriff. Darkness shrouded her vision as she began to float. Light only washed in as she opened her eyes to the sight of morning dew. Marcrya's stomach growled. "Damn. With the storm, I forgot to get food." Getting up, she saw her hippogriff watching the clouds. She too looked up. "Sun's up, sky's clear. Time to get going." She said, hopping on her hippogriff. The hippogriff, taking a running start, took off. "We'll find food somewhere else. Nothing's here anyway." She said. The hippogriff nodded, flying a bit faster. Reaching just over the chimera territory, the hippogriff landed. "Prey!" Marcrya exclaimed, seeing a white animal skitter by. She threw her blade at it, getting a fresh catch. "Rabbit." She announced, picking it up. "Well, that's our morning catch. Though, I don't usually eat any meat." Marcrya said. "Stay here. I'm going a bit further off to find some vegetation." She said, running off. The hippogriff patiently waited for her return. Marcrya came back about half an hour later. "Ok. Since you're part bird, I thought you might like mice." She said, throwing two dead mice at him. The hippogriff gobbled them up. Marcrya made a fire and started cooking the rabbit along with some of the vegetation.