46~

The sun rose over the horizon. Light glittered through the trees, warming Marcrya, Thuhnderheart, and Derrick up. Marcrya opened her eyes, pulled her hood over her head, and yawned. She looked down to see that Thuhnderheart was stretching his wings, and Derrick was training. Marcrya jumped off the hammock and landed silently. Phew. Two story drop. I gotta get the Hang of that! Marcrya thought, walking to Derrick. "Good morning." She said. "Good morning." He said, punching and kicking trees. Marcrya called Thuhnder over. "Come on. Let's stretch those wings up in the air." She said, mounting. Derrick turned to them. "You're leaving?" He asked. Marcrya shook her head. "Just getting an early morning flight." She said as Thuhnder took to the skies. Derrick watched in amazement. Marcrya held onto Thuhnder as he maneuvered around trees at her command. After doing a figure eight in the sky, Thuhnder landed and squawked with pride. "That was amazing!" Derrick exclaimed. Marcrya dismounted, smiling. "Thank you." Thuhnder trotted towards a bush and gripped onto a mouse with his beak. "Thuhnderheart?" Marcrya questioned. He trotted back and held the mouse by its tail towards her. The mouse squeaked. "Bad omen. Bad omen." It repeated softly. Marcrya grabbed the mouse and released it. "Wasn't your hippogriff gonna eat that?" Derrick asked. "Guess he isn't hungry." Marcrya lied. Derrick walked into the village again. Marcrya followed. "Hey, Derrick?" "Yeah?" "Do you... think I'm a bad person?" She asked. Derrick stopped. "Huh? You? Nah. At least, not to me." He said. Marcrya stared at the ground. But I've been lying lately. She thought. Thuhnder squawked. Marcrya smiled. "Come on, then." Derrick said, running to his house. Marcrya and Thuhnderheart followed him. Derrick opened the door and told them that he had to hunt, so he'll be back later. Marcrya sighed, sitting on the old chair. "Hey, Thuhnder. What do you suppose that mouse was saying? Matter of fact, how did that mouse speak human tongue?" She asked. Thuhnder sat next to her. "Might be a spell." Thuhnderheart squawked. "Possibly, but what does it mean?" She questioned, getting frustrated. Thuhnderheart nudged her. Marcrya smiled. "Yeah. What say I get you some lunch?" She asked, getting up. Thuhnder nodded. Marcrya strapped on her sword, went out, and headed for the food storage of the village. A guard stood next to the entrance. She approached him. "Excuse me, I was just wondering if you have any food for my hippogriff." She asked. The guard raised an eyebrow at her. "Food for a beast? Hah!" He started laughing. "That was a good one, little girl." He said. Marcrya glared. "I wasn't joking." She said in a stern voice. "Right. Go on home, little girl." He said, waving her away. Marcrya growled silently as she drew her blade. The guard's eyes widened as he got in a fighting stance. "Whoa! Put that thing down!" He exclaimed. Marcrya didn't listen to him. "I wasn't joking." She repeated.