38~

The soft clicks of Thuhnderheart's hooves flowed in the night breeze. Marcrya laid her head down and groaned. "I don't mean to be rude but that wasn't much help. I thought he meant to tell me where this killer lived or his past or name or something! This didn't help. 'A bloke in a white and red cloak'? What does that mean? Literally or what?" Marcrya complained, frustrated with the vague answers from the sorcerer. Thuhnderheart looked at Marcrya, whinnying softly to try and comfort her. Marcrya giggled. "Thanks, Thuhnder. You're right. I shouldn't get too worked up. I'll figure it out. We'll figure it out." She said. "But anyways, let's have a nap. You're tired, right?" Marcrya asked. Thuhnderheart shook his head and neighed. Marcrya yawned. "If that's your decision." She murmured, falling asleep on Thuhnder. After a few groaning, Marcrya woke up. She stared at the starry sky. "I got no sleep at all." She groaned. The moon wasn't completely full, and the stars seemed to have captured Marcrya's mind. "Marcrya, my little one, you see the stars? If I'm ever gone, I'll be watching you with them." Marcrya remembered Dewdrop saying. "If you miss me, talk to the stars. I will be listening." Marcrya smiled and closed her eyes. "Hi, mom. Wherever you are, I hope you hear. I don't doubt your words. I promise, I will find out who did this and they'll wish they never messed with my family!" Marcrya said as the stars listened. Thuhnder kept trotting. After a few moments of rhythmic hoof steps and light breezes, Marcrya finally fell asleep. She was then awoken by someone shouting. Her eyes laid upon a man. "Stop struggling!" He shouted. Marcrya followed the rope in his hands leading to Thuhnder's neck. "Hey. HEY! Let my companion go!" Marcrya shouted. The man looked at her. "What? A girl? What are you doing on a hippogriff?" He asked. Marcrya drew her blade and cut the rope around Thuhnder's neck. "What's your problem?" Marcrya asked, anger in her eyes. "Hey, sorry. I didn't know that thing belonged to you." He said. Marcrya slashed at him. He dodged. "Don't you dare call Thuhnderheart a 'thing'!" Marcrya defended. "Sheesh, sorry." He said. Marcrya narrowed her eyes. "Anyways, I'm Carl. Beast hunter of the Training village. Seeing you ride that hippogriff, you must be a best tamer." He said. Marcrya raised an eyebrow. The rumors were true. Humans have set up schools in some villages to train people in different types of methods to get rid of beasts or make them useful. Perhaps I can use this to my advantage. "Yes. I'm a best tamer. So what?" Marcrya asked. "I've never seen you around my village before. You must be from a different village!" Carl said. Well, I've never really lied before. I guess I have but not really during major times. Jemmai had told me that if I can't lie or think of a good lie up, just tell the truth but leave it vague. "Actually, I'm not from a village. My beast taming is self taught!" Marcrya said. I hope this boy won't push me further. "Wow! Self taught? I must bring you back to my village and show everyone!" He exclaimed. I gulped. That isn't good.