5~

Little footsteps were heard by Marcrya. "Did you hear that?" Gildgreev asked. Marcrya nodded. "Where's it coming-" she was cut off by a figure snatching her bag away. Marcrya's eyes widened. "Hey! Give it back!" She shouted as the figure flew away, giggling. Marcrya chased it. "Wait!" Gildgreev shouting, running after her. Marcrya grabbed onto the bag as both of them tried to pull away from each other. "Give my bag back!" Marcrya shouted. "It's an imp." Gildgreev said. The imp paused and let go of the bag. Marcrya stumbled backwards. "An imp?" She asked, looking at the thief. "Heh. Sorry. I just love pranking others. It's my nature. See ya!" He said, zipping off. Marcrya opened the bag and made sure that everything was there. Once she approved that everything was there, she continued on with Gildgreev. The journey had to pause because of a rapid river blocking their path. "Can you fly us over?" Asked Marcrya. Gildgreev nodded and spread his wings. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Said a playful voice. "It's the imp." Marcrya said. "This river belongs to Xefforg, a sea serpent. If you try to cross, he will stop you. No one can cross this river without his permission." The imp said. "What's your name?" Marcrya asked. "Just call me Kut." He said. Marcrya nodded. "I'm Marcrya. Thanks for the warning." She said. Kut gave a nod and disappeared. "How do we cross this river then?" Gildgreev asked. "We'll just ask for permission." Marcrya said, walking to the edge of the lake. "Hello? Mister Xefforg? I want to ask you something." She said. The river rippled and a sea serpent of green-blue color emerged. "Somebody called me?" Xefforg asked. "Yes, I did." Marcrya said softly. Xefforg looked down to Marcrya. "What does a human want from the river's master?" Asked Xefforg. "I wanted to ask permission to cross your river, sir. My name is Marcrya. I come from the North Woodlands." She said. Xefforg's mouth curved up into a smile. He then laughed. "You are brave, young one. No human, much less a child, has ever asked or tried to cross my river. All the creatures know of my river so they'd stay away from it. Only dragons or other flying creature out of my reach cross my river." Xefforg said. "You must be lonely, mister Xefforg." Marcrya said. Xefforg gave a nod. "I do get lonely often." He said. "Can I be your friend, then?" Marcrya asked. Xefforg once again laughed. "You are very interesting, young one. I will accept your friendship and grant you permission to cross." With that, Xefforg dived into the river and disappeared. Marcrya got on Gildgreev and flew over the rapid river. "Mister Xefforg was really nice." Said Marcrya. Gildgreev smiled. "Yes, but we're not out of the marshlands just yet." Marcrya nodded. Gildgreev then landed. "Beyond here is the mush confinement. Its trees are crowded really close together and there are really thick mud around there. It will be difficult. Especially with my wings." Gildgreev said. "Don't worry. If you're stuck, I'll come help you." Marcrya said, squeezing through. She moved slowly because of the mud and felt her way around the tightly packed trees. Just... a little... more... She thought.