24~

A glowing blue light emitted from Marcrya's tears. To the eyes of the other beasts, it appeared as if Marcrya was crying the light sky. She got up and took the rune from her bag and tossed it to the ground, breaking it in half. The blue tears still streamed from her eyes as she took out the wand Dewdrop gave her. "Towards the midnight waters of the reflected moon, the shattered mirror must be true." She chanted. Gildgreev was then surrounded by shattered glass. Nothing cut him or harmed him in anyway. The shards just surrounded him. Putting the wand away, she ran passed the group, targeting the North Woodlands. It can't be true, but... If Gildgreev was in the group, then he didn't actually go to the North Woodlands. Although that was my thought, he could have been to the North Woodlands with the group and... and... Marcrya stopped her thought as she reached Zhuu. "Zhuu. I have no explanation time. Please, take me to the North Woodlands." She said. Seeing the urgency in her eyes, Zhuu let Marcrya climb on their back and took off. He raced through the swamp, passed where Marcrya met Gildgreev, and through the path in which Marcrya started her journey alone. Marcrya told Zhuu to stop. She slid off and ran to what seemed like a corpse. Clear tears ran down her cheeks as Kawill was revealed to be the corpse. "Kawill!" She exclaimed. The lion head of Zhuu sighed somberly. Marcrya rushed towards the aqua tower. She saw Jemmai laying near the entrance. "Jem!" She cried, shaking her. "Please, wake up. You have to." A weak groan escaped Jemmai's lips. "Mar...cry...a... my..." She coughed. "Jem. What happened?" Marcrya asked, crying. Jemmai coughed up blood. "Dewdrop...inside...go..." She said weakly. Marcrya hugged her. "Don't... forget...me, my...sis..." With those words, her eyes closed and her body turned to vapor. Marcrya fell to the floor, pounding it. "Jemmai!" She cried. Zhuu walked to Marcrya. "I'm sorry, little beast." He said. Marcrya got up and rushed into the tower. "DEWDROP!" She called, running up the stairs. "DEWDROP!" Marcrya reached the very top floor and bursted in. There, on the bed made from vines and soft grass, laid Dewdrop's aquatic, teardrop necklace and Marcrya's drawing of her and herself. Marcrya grabbed her necklace. "No... Mom..." Her tears became diluted with a deep, midnight blue. If from another's perspective, it would appear as if Marcrya was crying the night sky. The necklace shone brightly and shifted into a moon shape as Marcrya put it on. She jumped out the window and landed firmly on her feet from the four story drop. "Marcrya..." The goat head of Zhuu said, surprised by how she survived the drop. Marcrya felt her heart beating faster than it had before. She jumped onto Zhuu's back. "Zhuu, I want to go back." She said. Zhuu felt a forcefulness in her voice. It felt powerful and nearly menacing. Not really wanting to find out why, Zhuu headed back. He felt like he ran way faster than before. Zhuu. I have attached to you. Marcrya said through her mind. I am also running.