36~

"...kill him." Thuhnderheart's eyes seemed to have swirled red as he kicked Lawrence into the cottage's wall and stamped on him. Lawrence screamed in agony. Marcrya's eyes turned a black color with a slight blue hue. The griffin's eyes widened as she took a step back. Marcrya turned to her and held her gaze. The griffin shifted uncomfortably as Thuhnder finished off Lawrence. Red spilled across the floor and walls. Thuhnderheart's front hooves dyed in the same color. "Humans... Humans are terrible creatures. They lie for the sake of themselves. They turn their backs to those they declare weak. I hate them." Marcrya muttered. She mounted Thuhnderheart and started off. "Wait!" The griffin called, bringing them to a halt. "Why did you kill him? You're human too, aren't you? Don't you need evidence or proof or whatever?" She asked. "No. I know he was the one lying. His heart raced, and he looked afraid. The smile he gave me when he said he appreciated my help was a smirk. Besides, what human would stay in a cottage alone after an attack?" Marcrya said. The griffin rushed to her. "You're saying you don't care?" She asked. "No. I don't." Marcrya stated flatly, kicking Thuhnder to continue his trot. The griffin stared at Marcrya as she went out of view. "All those humans... They never turned back. Left me to fend for myself. To fight for myself." Marcrya muttered, narrowing her eyes. "On that day. I was only two." Thuhnder glanced at her. Marcrya stopped him and slid off. "My past. You curious?" Marcrya asked. Thuhnderheart nodded. Marcrya leaned back on a rock. "I was two when I was left in the woods. Selina, my mother, had a hold of me. She was at the edge of the border. My father and a few others were there as well. They went inside to search for a so-called treasure. The beasts in the forest were disturbed by their presence and decided to attack. My father told Selina to take me and run. My mother did so, but a beast got in her way. My father came back and grabbed me then threw me at the beast, grabbing my mother's hand and running. I was crying as the beast took hold of me. I was told that once I saw the beast, I stopped crying and smiled. The beast took me back to the rest and told them of how I was in his arms. A certain mage volunteered to take care of me with the help of some others. Of course, there were beasts who disliked the idea of raising a human in their own home. The beast that held me was Kawill, a werewolf. Jemmai, Malkor, Dewdrop, Floira, Jaxi, and Mayeor were the ones who took care of me. The rest of my story you should know." She explained. Thuhnder whinnied somberly at her. "The past is the past. You can't change it." She said. "Besides. It helped me learn than humans are no better than the livestock they eat. Come now, we must be on our way. I heard that a certain sorcerer can peer into the past." She said, mounting Thuhnderheart. "He-Yah!"