39~

Marcrya's cloak hid the majority of her face as Thuhnderheart trotted behind the boy into his village. Looks of surprise, shock, and glares came from the people around. Carl looked chipper. Marcrya, on the other hand, felt very uncomfortable. Not only does she hated the limelight, she also hated humans. The glares of the people also brought back bad memories of her younger days in the North Woodlands. They soon arrived in a hut slightly bigger than the rest with a fence in the back. Wooden swords, dummies, and other weapons were present in there. Carl opened the door to the hut and walked in looking proud. Marcrya followed, not showing emotion. She gripped Thuhnder's feathers tightly but not to the point of it actually causing pain. All the students turned and stared at Marcrya. The teacher looked at Carl with an arched eyebrow. "I went into the Forest of Beasts and found her. She said she learned to tame beasts all on her own!" He said. Some of the students gasped while others grinned at her. Marcrya felt really uncomfortable. She silently thanked Malkor for teaching her how to keep her emotions from showing. "Is that so?" The teacher asked. Marcrya nodded. Thuhnder's eyes narrowed at the man. "Well, how about proving it?" He asked. Marcrya inhaled and forced out her voice to speak with confidence, careful not to show any anger or threat. "You have no rights to command me. I am of my own person." Marcrya said. The teacher thought for a moment. Carl frowned. Marcrya tried to calm herself when she felt her eyes glowing slightly. Thankfully, her cloak was a dark enough color to absorb the light. Thuhnderheart whinnied slightly. Marcrya opened her mouth but stopped her voice. I can't say that! If I do, the people will know that I can talk to beasts. She thought. "My beast seems bored. I suppose I should get going." Marcrya saved herself, steering Thuhnder towards the door. "Wait! Please, just one time? Please show your skills!" Carl begged. A moment of silence before a sigh escaped Marcrya's lips. "Fine." She said, kicking Thuhnderheart to a trot. "Thuhnder, sky!" She commanded. Thuhnderheart spread his wings and flew. The students and the teacher raced outside and marveled at Marcrya. Thuhnderheart flew loops and circles while Marcrya drew her sword. "Alright, buddy, let's take out those dummies inside that fence." She whispered. After a loop, Thuhnder soared towards the dummies, straight as an arrow. Marcrya slashed many times with precision. The dummies didn't stand a chance as they fell apart. The students clapped while the teacher gaped. Thuhnderheart then landed. They ran towards Marcrya and started their questions and amazed comments. The teacher coughed, catching their attention. "That was something I've never seen a girl like you do. Mostly courageous males or adult females can do such acts. How old are you?" He asked. "I'm seventeen-years-old." She responded. "What's the big deal? I've talked to beasts since I was three." Marcrya mumbled under her breath. Only Thuhnderheart heard and chuckled in a quiet squawk at her comment. "You are very young and talented, little girl." He said. Marcrya's eyes became menacing as she glared at his choice of words.