10~

"To the left of the Northern Woodlands is the West Gate. Beyond the West Gate is the home of many abandoned or lost beasts. They are the beasts that experienced much when little or have lost their family. Maybe even both." Kut said. "Across the West Gate is the East Plains, or Eastern Plains. It may appear to be very vast or deserted but it contains many earthly or floral creatures." Marcrya smiled widely. "Thank you for this, Kut." She said. Kut gave a nod. "I must get going." She said, starting to climb down. "I'll meet you at the South Cliffs, little beast." Kut said as Marcrya descended from the tree. She hopped to the floor and smiled with pride. Dewdrop would be proud! She thought. "Are you alright?" Came Gildgreev's voice as he landed next to Marcrya. "All is well, my griffin friend." She responded. "Let's get going. There's still a long way ahead of us." Marcrya said, getting onto Gildgreev. With this, they took off. They reached the afternoon yet it seemed darker than normal. A cloud was over them and the winds had accelerated. "This is quite dangerous." Gildgreev said with concern. "Oh no. A storm is brewing within the cloud overhead!" Marcrya exclaimed. Gildgreev shuddered at the howling wind. "Let's hurry before we get caught up in the storm. I have heard that the South Cliffs' storms are dangerous." Gildgreev said, walking off with Marcrya. She shivered. "Gildgreev, the storm is about to be unleashed. We need shelter and fast!" Marcrya said. Gildgreev nodded and quickly ran off. "Let's stay away from the air so we don't get picked up by the wind and crash." Gildgreev said, running faster. Marcrya gave a nod. "Cave!" Marcrya shouted. Gildgreev stopped and ran in. He collapsed onto the floor and gasped for air. Marcrya slid off. "Gildgreev! Are you alright?" She asked with concern. Gildgreev smiled but still continued to gasp for air. "Just...a little...tired..." He panted. Marcrya frowned. "I'm sorry, Gildgreev. I should've walked by myself." She said. Gildgreev shook his head. "Doesn't...matter...little beast." He said. Marcrya stroked Gildgreev's neck. "Alright, but at least get some sleep." Gildgreev breathed out a chuckle. "I should...be the one...to tell you that." His pants calmed. Marcrya laid on him. "Goodnight, Gildgreev." "Goodnight, Marcrya." As they fell into slumber, rain crashed onto the ground. The steady rhythm caused Marcrya to stir. "Marcrya." A soft, calming voice said in a murmur. "Marcrya." Marcrya stirred as she turned and faced towards the storm. Lightning flashed across the sky. She groaned softly. "Marcrya." The voice repeated. Thunder clapped loudly as the rain increased and the winds howled with ferocity. Marcrya's eyes shot open. "DEWDROP!" She cried. Gildgreev flinched and quickly awoke. "Marcrya? What's wrong?" He asked. Tears spilled from Marcrya's eyes. "D-Dewdrop. S-something happened. M-my family! M-my f-friends!" She cried as the tears kept streaming from her eyes. Gildgreev wrapped a wing around her. "Shh. It's ok, Marcrya. It's just a nightmare." He soothed. "I-I h-hope yo-you're r-right, Gildgreev." She said, laying down and closing her eyes. "I hope I'm right too." He mumbled under his breath as he laid down to sleep.