21~

Marcrya smiled as she placed the hatchling back on the nest. "So, what's happening?" Gildgreev asked. "Well, a group of beasts is on the search for Marcrya. I've heard a rumor that one of the beast in that group is a dragon and the name of the group is called Slash Clan." Arkrai said. "Slash Clan?" Marcrya questioned. "It does sound like a name a dragon would come up with." Gildgreev muttered. Marcrya tensed up as she felt pure anger and hatred practically radiating off of Dolq and Arkrai. "Gildgreev, that isn't nice." Marcrya said. "No, he's right. If a dragon hadn't thought of that name, a griffin would have been racking their brains for centuries until it could have thought a name up." Arkrai said. Dolq nodded. Marcrya felt a fiery rage coming off of Gildgreev this time. Marcrya shook her head. This simply will not do. She thought. "Now, now, everyone. Let's just have breakfast and get on with the plan." Marcrya said, smiling at the three. Her smile, of course, was a forced, masking smile. One that made the three oblige, not wanting to start a commotion or having to anger her. "So, what exactly are we doing?" Marcrya asked. "Well, we have to find out who this Slash Clan really is and what their intentions are." Dolq replied, eating the meat that Marcrya saw her feeding to the young before. Oh... it's a griffin carcass. Marcrya thought, observing the meat. "I guess the only way to do that is to ask, right?" Marcrya asked. "Well, we can approach this problem in different ways. We can take matters into our own claws and try to track them down, or lure them out somehow." Arkrai replied. "Some of us don't have just claws, mister Arkrai if any at all." Gildgreev said. "Oh? Are those hind legs getting old, griffin? Do they not have the necessary defenses?" Arkrai asked mockingly. "My hind legs are for ground reasons. I do have talons though. Unlike some flying scaled beasts." Gildgreev countered. Dolq was about to jump in but before that, Marcrya stomped her foot. "Enough!" She yelled. "I cannot think in this commotion." She said as calmly as her anger could possibly let her. The three stepped down. Marcrya rubbed her temples. I think I understand how Dewdrop felt while dealing with other beasts that argue. Marcrya thought. "In any case, I suppose we have to do something and not just sit in this gave arguing." She said, walking towards the mouth of the cave. "We'll split in teams and gather information using any methods we think is efficient. Naturally, I'll be with Gildgreev." Marcrya said, getting on Gildgreev's back. All traces of being a bubbly child in Marcrya is gone. Dolq thought. That is unusual. She seems more mature. Gildgreev took off and headed towards the main point. Marcrya sighed. "So, what method do you want to use?" She asked. "Well, if possible, let's avoid asking others. For all the years I've been in the South Cliffs, I know that the beasts here do not fancy being asked questions." Gildgreev responded. Marcrya nodded. Who are the Slash Clan beasts and how do they know me? She thought.