20~

"Well, isn't that adorable?" Said a low, deep voice. "Yes. Hard to believe that she is a human." Came Dolq's voice. Marcrya stirred while Gildgreev rolled over. A dragon hatchling yawned. "Hm. What can a fragile girl like her do?" The voice came again. "You'd be surprised." Dolq replied. The sight inside the nest was Marcrya hugging a dragon hatchling with Gildgreev's wings covering herself and another hatchling. All the rest huddled close to the two. Dolq touched Marcrya carefully with one claw. "Marcrya. Please, wake up, dear." Dolq said softly. Marcrya groaned. "Just a little longer, Dewdrop." She muttered. Dolq and the other beast raised a scaly brow. "Come on, dear, get up." Dolq tried again. Marcrya groaned again while groggily opening her left eye. "Hm? Dewdrop?" She muttered. Her vision saw Dewdrop smiling at her but once her eye focused, she saw Dolq. Marcrya blinked. "Oh. Morning, Dolq." She said. Dolq smiled. "Morning, Marcrya." Dolq responded. Marcrya got up and yawned, making the hatchling roll over. Marcrya saw another dragon behind Dolq. Its scales were dark brown with a sandy secondary color. "Who's that?" Marcrya asked. Dolq turned to the other dragon. "This is an old friend of mine. Not as old as Dewdrop though, but that's besides my point." Dolq said. "My name is Arkrai." The dragon said. "Pleasure to meet you, little beast of the Northern Woodlands." He said. Marcrya got up and did a small bow. "The pleasure is all mine, mister Arkrai." Arkrai smiled and chuckled. "What a sight to behold. A human, specifically a child, is willingly bowing down to a beast." He said. Marcrya blinked. "Is that wrong?" She asked. Arkrai chuckled again. "Not wrong, but more of unusual." He said. "Or rather, extremely rare." Dolq said. "Extremely rare?" Marcrya asked. Dolq nodded. "There was another who bowed willingly." "Who?" Marcrya asked. "That is a story that isn't my place to tell you." Dolq respond. Marcrya furrowed her brows in confusion. "What does that mean?" She asked. "Don't worry. You'll find out more about the story in the future." Arkrai responded. Marcrya gave a slow nod. Gildgreev's groan then caught everyone's attention back on the nest. He raised his body up and yawned. "Ah, morning Dolq. Morning, Marcrya." He said. Gildgreev then turned his head towards them and screeched as if something came out of nowhere and threw a spear at him. The three laughed. "Morning, Gildgreev." Marcrya said. Dolq nodded to say good morning. "This is Arkrai. The dragon." Marcrya said. Gildgreev looked to him. "He is going to help us, right Arkrai?" Marcrya asked, facing him. He nodded. "But, I can only do so much for you." He said. "That's alright. Thank you for your help, Arkrai." Marcrya said, smiling wider. Arkrai felt warm. Not the warmth that would make you blush or the kind that means you have a crush. Just a warming of the heart. This little girl is something special. He thought. The hatchling that Marcrya was hugging then started making cries and small yelping roars. Marcrya picked him up and petted him. He immediately quieted down.