8~

"The little beast has grazed our presence." Sir Maexsh said. "I apologize for capturing you, little beast Marcrya." He said. "I have a request if that's alright." Said Marcrya. Sir Maexsh gave a nod. "Can I have my bag back? The one that was around my right shoulder." She asked. Sir Maexsh frowned. "I saw no bag, little beast Marcrya. I'm sure none of my followers did either." He said, looking around the room. All the trolls shook their heads. Marcrya's eyes widened. "No... I can't lose it!" Marcrya cried. "We'll find it." Gildgreev said. Marcrya hugged Gildgreev. "Yes, please do!" She said. Gildgreev picked Marcrya up and placed her on his back. "Hold on tightly." He said, spreading his wings and taking flight. Marcrya obliged and they're headed back towards their last resting area. When Gildgreev landed, Marcrya immediately jumped off and started searching. Gildgreev helped look. "Marcrya, did you drop it on the ground?" Asked Gildgreev. "No." She responded. "Is it in the area where Xefforg saved me?" "I don't think so." Marcrya panicked. "What if someone stole it or something huge ate it or-" "calm down, Marcrya!" Gildgreev cut. Marcrya took a deep breath. "Ok, I know I had it with me when I slept but I lost sight of it when we got caught in the nets. I think it's still here somewhere." Marcrya said. They searched for a few hours. Gildgreev plopped down. "Marcrya, we've been looking for hours! Let's take a break." He said. Marcrya didn't answer. She just kept searching. "Marcrya." Gildgreev called. Still no answer. "Marcrya, answer me." Gildgreev said. Again, no answer. Gildgreev got up and spread his wings. "Fine." He said, taking off. Marcrya looked up at him as he flew in the sky. She frowned. What do I do now? Marcrya thought. A loud griffin squawk was heard. Marcrya looked up. Something's telling me to follow that sound. She thought, running after the squawks. Once the squawks stopped, she did as well. Marcrya looked up and saw Gildgreev dive down and land in front of her. "An imp took your bag." Gildgreev said. "Kut?" Marcrya asked. Gildgreev shook his head. "Kut is a green imp. The imp that took your bag was brown. It ran towards here but I lost it." Gildgreev said. Marcrya started looking around. Suddenly, a head popped out of the bushes. "Ah!" Marcrya cried, falling backwards. "Hey there!" The guy said. "Kut? What are you doing here?" Marcrya asked. "I'm gonna help you find your bag." He said. "Really?" Marcrya asked. "Yes, but only if you give me something in return." "What's that?" Gildgreev asked. "The wand inside the bag." He answered. "What?!" Exclaimed Marcrya. "I can't give you that! It was given to me by Dewdrop!" "Oh well, guess you won't get the bag back." Kut said, walking out with the bag. "Hey!" Marcrya shouted. Kut chuckled. "You won't get this bag back unless you give me the wand!" "But that's precious to me." Marcrya said. Kut just sat next to the bag. Marcrya sighed. "Why do you need my wand?" "None of your business." Said Kut. Marcrya reluctantly opened the bag and took out the wand for him. "There." She said, grabbing the bag back. Kut swiped up the wand and scampered off. Gildgreev spread his wings. "What are you doing?" Asked Marcrya. "We're going to follow him." Said Gildgreev.