13~

"Can I choose to be one over the other?" Marcrya asked. Zhuu frowned. "What if you can? What would happen?" The lion head asked. "I would be a beast. I would help my family fight. I would-" Zhuu placed a paw in front of Marcrya. "If you were only of beast, we would never have met. You may not even have known half of the people you know. You are gifted, Marcrya. You were born of man and beast. That is something to treasure." The goat head of Zhuu said. "I... wouldn't have known... half of the people...?" Marcrya mumbled. Zhuu nodded. Marcrya looked down. A smile slowly crept onto her face. "Thanks, Zhuu. I don't know what I would have done without you." Marcrya said, hugging him and running back to the mountain base. She then collided into someone. She rubbed her head and looked up. Joy filled her as she saw Gildgreev. "Gildgreev!" She exclaimed, hugging him. "I'm sorry I ran." She apologized. "It's alright, Marcrya. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said what I had said." They both smiled. "Let's get back to the problem." Marcrya said. Gildgreev nodded. "Let's ask the dragon once more to let us pass." She said, climbing onto Gildgreev. He took off and they were headed towards the cave once again. When they arrived, the dragon immediately appeared out of the cave. "Still want more?" It asked. "No. I want to talk." Marcrya said. "I have nothing to hear from a human like you!" It roared. Marcrya smiled. "But there is no other human like me." She said. The dragon's eyes narrowed. It was as if it glared into Marcrya's very soul. "So, what are you?" It asked. "I'm Marcrya. A human from the North Woodlands." She said. The dragon puffed out smoke. "You're nothing special after all." "I'm a human, yes, but unlike them, I am also a beast." Marcrya told the dragon. "Meaning?" The dragon looked irritated. "I'm raised by a beast to understand beasts for beasts." "What?" "I am the little beast. Born of human, raised of beast. That is my title. My mother figure was Dewdrop, the water mage from the North Woodlands." Marcrya said. The dragon was silent. It's mouth suddenly curved upwards into a smile. "Dewdrop, a water mage from the North Woodlands you say?" Marcrya nodded. "My old friend. Dewdrop Anqa. A beautiful, kind, wise, and powerful mage. We lived in the West Gate before. We knew nothing about each other's past yet we became fast friends. Almost like sisters. The future calls for our separation. I went to the South Cliffs while she went to the North Woodlands. It was hard, but we managed." The dragon said. Marcrya found herself really fascinated by the dragon. "I am Dolq. This cave is my nest. Please come in, kin of Dewdrop." The dragon said, walking inside the cave. Gildgreev flew inside with Marcrya. Once they landed, Marcrya jumped off Gildgreev's back and stood in front of Dolq. "Tell me about Dewdrop, Miss Dolq." She said, a smile across her face. Dolq gave a nod. "Very well."