37~

A house came into Marcrya's view. A sign hung beside the door. Marcrya dismounted and walked up to the entrance. "'Malopor Anelixir the Sorcerer'" Marcrya read. She knocked twice on the dark, mahogany doors. Nothing happened. Marcrya sighed. A snake then slithered from under the door. Marcrya picked it up. "Gone for a while, back by tomorrow." It hissed. "Gone? Where?" She asked. "In search of shrooms. Glade of Glooms." The snake then turned to smoke. "The Glade of Glooms? That's quite far." Marcrya said, sighing once again. Her eyes widened as she mounted Thuhnderheart. She drew her blade. "Come out, harpy!" She called. A screech rang out as a harpy jumped off from the roof. Thuhnder stood on his hind legs and thrashed at the harpy, attempting to scare it. The harpy wasn't intimidated by such action so she slashed at them with her talons. Marcrya pulled Thuhnder out of the way just in time to dodge. "Quite rude, ma'am." Marcrya said, kicking Thuhnder into a run. The harpy, naturally, tailed Marcrya. "Thuhnder, sky!" She cried. Thuhnderheart spread his wings and flew. The harpy followed still. "Canyon, Thuhnder, CANYON!!!" Marcrya shouted. Thuhnder weaved away just barely passing the giant rock. Marcrya sighed in relief. The harpy had hit the rock. Thuhnder landed. "Good job, Thuhnder." Marcrya praised. Thuhnderheart whinnied a "thank you". A clap echoed through the canyon. "Bravo, Little Beast, bravo." A voice said. Marcrya and Thuhnder turned towards the rock and saw a man with gray hair wearing a robe. "Mr. Anelixir, I presume?" Marcrya asked. He nodded, walking towards her. "It's good to see the Marcrya in person." He said. Marcrya smiled. "I suppose you know why I'm here." He nodded again. "But of course." He then started off, beckoning her to follow. Mounting Thuhnder, Marcrya obliged. They reached the cottage and Malopor grabbed two cups and a bowl. "Thirsty?" He asked. Marcrya smiled, shaking her head. "Thank you, but we've had our hydration. Food would be greatly appreciated, though." She said. The sorcerer placed a plate on a table. "I have mice, rabbit, sparrow, or mutton. Which would you like, Thuhnderheart?" Malopor asked. Thuhnder whinnied. "Mice it is." He said, placing some in the bowl on the ground. Thuhnderheart sniffed it then ate it happily. Marcrya sat. "Now, if memory serves me, you like roast root shrooms, correct?" Malopor questioned. Marcrya nodded. "Thank you so much, Mr. Anelixir." She thanked as the food appeared on the plate. She dug in. "Well, while you eat, I can get started on the potion, yes? I trust you want to know about a certain murderer?" Marcrya finished and nodded. "If it's alright, I want to know. Can you help me?" She asked. The sorcerer took in a deep breath. "Well, Little Beast, I can give you clues, but I can't let you see who exactly is the killer." He responded. Marcrya nodded. "That would help me, Mr. Anelixir." Malopor went over to a pot and poured in some colored and odd liquids. "The man you seek, Little Beast, is in a red and white cloak. He is rather a young bloke. He has the help of twenty and has executed many. Be wise of your action and decision."